mtbr member

DUC32 - More Plush with Travel Reduction Function Removed?

Good Morning Everybody,

I seem to remember a thread from a while ago mentioning that removal of the travel reduction function on the DUC gives you even better plushness and small bump compliance. Can't find that thread anymore.

Does anyone know if this is accurate and what exactly I would need to do to perform this Mod?

Reason:
    I never ever use the travel reduction feature. My ML8 and DUC climb so well even the steepest pitches. Soooo.....if I can get even more buttery smoothness by removing that function, I'm all for it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I just read that thread, and the author said he removed the O-ring from the damper piston to reduce stiction. The result was the travel reducer function would no longer work. The thread is "Shim stack Duc32."

mtbr member
    More plush = change larger shim in 0.15mm thick by a 0.10mm. Tested by Ethan, me too
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

French Maverick Breeder

mtbr member
    I can't imagine my Mav being more plush than it is, as-is. Hell, I set it up looking for something akin to stiction, though! Coming off of Manitou Minutes, Fox FX-80, etc... this seems to be a super-plush, super-smooth fork. You guys can feel a pea through all those mattresses?

Gentleman Loser
    If you remove the piston glide ring, the damper will bypass oil around the entire piston assembly.

I can't in any way imagine that being a good thing.