Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    40

    DUC 36 carbon updates??

    Hello,

    any actual news regarding the DUC 36 Carbon?? No informations or pictures in the past weeks and month!!
    I would like to upgrade my ML8 with a new fork. At the moment I really think about the new Fox36 180cm . I donīt want to wait another year.

    In spring I heard rumors about a cpl.new frame platform from Maverick. Can we expect something new for Interbike??

    Cheers !!!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toHELLuRIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554
    GO with the FOX. FIt cartridge and Kashima coating are the bees knees.

    I'll bet the Duk 36 gets shelved.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

  3. #3
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,994
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    GO with the FOX. FIt cartridge and Kashima coating are the bees knees.
    So is the 30 hour oil change for the lowers, the super inconstant anodizing on the stanchions that wears out within 100hours and FOX says it's not under warranty, yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toHELLuRIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554
    Guess you prefer every 20 hours on your DUC. Actually fox is 50 hours. ALso how many times have your seals just happened to pop out? I've seen many a Maverick spit its seals.
    If you ask me FOX is the most trouble free.
    To each their own. Where's the Duc 36 anyway? you'll never see that fork. even if you do it will be plagued with soo many sissies your head will spin.
    One last thing. If you do have an issue with fox at least you know they'll be around to fix it. Personally I question if Maverick will even be around very long. I bet they go out of business soon.

    Maverick = Junk.

    Just my narrow minded opinion.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

  5. #5
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,994
    For the service on my 3 Mav forks, it's super fast, easy and painless. Fox casting/bushing oil on FIT damper FOX forks is 30 hours then add 100 hours for a full overhaul. Seals popping out, Yeah, thanks for taking us back to 2004 with a batch of bad air tubes and black seals. If it happens now, it's mostly due to a lack of preventative maintenance work.
    Didn't ask You, you are spewing misinformation.
    Rock Shox is the most trouble free, best warranty and easiest IMPO.
    I have seen the DUC36, rode it, helped with prototyping/feedback etc. It is on the way.

    You can troll somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

  6. #6
    VooDoo user.
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,394
    Rs most trouble free??!!! That's hilarious. When I worked in a shop it was second only to maverick as most problematic.
    Rs does have a very good customer service history.

    And finally as far as the SUK36 goes, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Probably just another round at interbike with no production in it's future. How many years has it been prototyping? Like 2-3? Dewd. Market already passed it by.

  7. #7
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,994
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Rs most trouble free??!!! That's hilarious.
    Yeah, damn funny is the last 5 years of RS product do not have worn anno, puking seals like almost every FOX that comes through my hands. Before the new chassis, Reba, Revlation, etc RS products were and still are poor to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

  8. #8
    Towlie for prez
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    621
    I love my DUC! How long has it been around now,7 yrs? And you still cant find another 6" travel fork thats as plush,stiff and oh yeah,weighs less than 4lbs
    As far as reliability/service is concerned,I have yet to have any problems,and changing out the oil is a 5 min process,even for me! Add in the tunability(rear shock as well) and this fork is still ahead of the game.
    There's a reason Maverick riders Lubs their rides........I have yet to meet another Mav rider out on the trails who didnt absolutely dig their Mav!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    870
    Lets see my dad has a DUC, I have a DUC, my wife has a DUC, my brother has an SC32 and the maintenance is pretty minor even given that the forks are forever old. Only one seal popping out event in all their histories when my brother was going off large >6 foot jumps on his SC32 and destroyed his rear wheel in the process, while the seal did not even pop all the way out, but just moved a bit.

    In the same time period fox, rock shock, and marzochi have come and gone. Still if a person wants to pretend I guess they are free to. To be honest though repairing the fox stuff hasn't been to arduous either. As to the business prospects, well who knows about that. I certainly hope Mav stays around since they have better products.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietscho
    Hello,

    any actual news regarding the DUC 36 Carbon?? No informations or pictures in the past weeks and month!!
    I would like to upgrade my ML8 with a new fork. At the moment I really think about the new Fox36 180cm . I donīt want to wait another year.

    In spring I heard rumors about a cpl.new frame platform from Maverick. Can we expect something new for Interbike??

    Cheers !!!
    MAVERICK DUC 36 Carbon at Eurobike 2010 (TR!CKSTUFF booth):




    Hope will never die.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    is this what i think it is?

    if so, i definately like that logo better!!



    mike west won the US superD nationals [click]

    ragetty

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    133
    WOW!!! @ the fork and the middleburn external BB cranks!

    what brakes are those?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    the brakes are 'the clegg' from trickstuff.de here in germany.

    ragetty

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    40
    Hello,

    I had contact with Ethan. The DUC 36 shown on Eurobike should have the final graphics but not the right dropouts, leg guards and knobs. But it is a good sign that the DUC 36 is not dead and we can expect a great product.
    Ragetty: I like the graphics from the Eurobike fork much better than the logo on Mikeīs DUC 36. Personal taste.


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietscho
    Ragetty: I like the graphics from the Eurobike fork much better than the logo on Mikeīs DUC 36. Personal taste ...
    i'm sure i'll get use to them ...

    hey ethan - does this mean the specs are finalised?
    Last edited by ragetty; 09-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Alpamayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    314
    You know what ? I'm a lucky guy
    Came from France to Boulder for a business trip, I spent this wednesday afternoon riding in the small technical hills just behind .. Maverick office !!!! Riding what, a bike, a ML8, Ethan's ML8 with his DUC36. Oh yes, I can imagine, it's hard to hear
    Can't say more ... I just pre ordered the first model of the first batch ... this fork is so .....
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

    French Maverick Breeder

  17. #17
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpamayo
    You know what ? I'm a lucky guy
    Came from France to Boulder for a business trip, I spent this wednesday afternoon riding in the small technical hills just behind .. Maverick office !!!! Riding what, a bike, a ML8, Ethan's ML8 with his DUC36. Oh yes, I can imagine, it's hard to hear
    Can't say more ... I just pre ordered the first model of the first batch ... this fork is so .....
    Lucky bastard Ok I'm jealous

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bull_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    Guess you prefer every 20 hours on your DUC. Actually fox is 50 hours. ALso how many times have your seals just happened to pop out? I've seen many a Maverick spit its seals.
    If you ask me FOX is the most trouble free.
    To each their own. Where's the Duc 36 anyway? you'll never see that fork. even if you do it will be plagued with soo many sissies your head will spin.
    One last thing. If you do have an issue with fox at least you know they'll be around to fix it. Personally I question if Maverick will even be around very long. I bet they go out of business soon.

    Maverick = Junk.

    Just my narrow minded opinion.
    i'm glad you at least you are honest about the limitations of your opinion....
    to each his own, but i have owned four, still have 3 of them. NEVER ridden anything i have enjoyed as much. only thing that would make it better for me would be a carbon frame, but that would be insane. a friend and i traded bike the other day, he has a full carbon epic. he was right, it is VERY nimble and quick....but only about 3 inches of travel. nice race bike, but not and all rounder by any means. he had raved on and on about how quick it accelerated. i'd have to agree with him. as much as it clearly pained him to say it (unsolicited), he commented about how the durance actually felt just as quick (as a 23 pound full carbon bike) that says it all to me. plus, it takes me minutes and hand tools to dial it and service it just as i like it!

  19. #19
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,059
    So what's the story? Is there a predicted release date?
    Keep the Country country.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    ... and final specifications?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Alpamayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    314
    Predicted release date, yes .... final specifications: light, stiffness, rebound control, Low speed control, ....
    Maverick ML7.2 / SC32
    Maverick ML7.5
    Maverick Durance / Duc32
    Maverick ML8 / BOS Devile

    French Maverick Breeder

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toHELLuRIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554
    so has the 36 finally shelved?

    180 fox anyone?
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

  23. #23
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,767
    I know that it's pass the prototype stage already because I've seen stacks of fork in the pic ready to go a while back. Also every conversation I had with Maverick seem to indicate the short release since 2009, what's holding it up?

  24. #24
    HHL
    HHL is offline
    Que je suis bete!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    302

    Hub?

    Look at the hub in the last picture. I really have no clue, but are they trying to get away from a proprietary hub, to attract the masses? I would like to see the fork with a standard 20 mm through axle with the flexibility to go 26 or 29. I could interchange wheels to my hearts content. I really like my 7.3 with the Duc, but it is truly in a corner by itself. The rider that would like the Duc would be a tinkerer, a frame-changer. To sell a bunch, the fork needs to be flexible in its fitment. I wonder if this is what is holding it up.

  25. #25
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by HHL
    Look at the hub in the last picture. I really have no clue, but are they trying to get away from a proprietary hub, to attract the masses? I would like to see the fork with a standard 20 mm through axle with the flexibility to go 26 or 29. I could interchange wheels to my hearts content. I really like my 7.3 with the Duc, but it is truly in a corner by itself. The rider that would like the Duc would be a tinkerer, a frame-changer. To sell a bunch, the fork needs to be flexible in its fitment. I wonder if this is what is holding it up.
    I have many wheelset that are 24mm from 4 different brand. Except the bontreger which I'm not sure all of the other would change to 20mm, 15 qr, or 9 qr hope, kings and i9. The only thing you have to do after swapping the axel is dish the wheel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •