not lobowski
    Feb 2008

duc 32 damper issue

went to change oil and pressurize my damper. After reassembly, oil and air was shooting out of the hole where the screw goes to install the adjusting knobs. Could not find anything on the maverick site. anyone have any ideas?

mtbr member
    It cannot come out the hole as it's only about 7mm deep. But it sounds like you have damaged rebound rod o-rings or the rod is threaded in to far. Make sure the rod is all the way counterclockwise and try that.
    Maverick Suspension Inc.
    Servicing all Suspension
    Mavericksuspension.com

mtbr member
    Hi Ethan, I just replaced the oil in the damper and recharged to 65psi. When I reinstalled the damper cartridge and threaded the damper bolt onto the damper rod I noticed that there is up and down play of the whole lower leg on the upper a tube. The bolt does to seat all the way onto the top cup. Once I installed the lock out and rebound knobs (properly) they just keep turning and the damper bolt and rod turns with them. I noticed about a 1 to 2 mm up and down play of the knobs on the upper tube top cap.
    Now when I try to disassemble the damper rod bolt and rod, they turn together and the bolt does not loosen (no resistance, it just keeps turning in either direction) so I can pull the damper cartridge out of the upper tube.

Any Ideas how I can unthread the bolt so I can pull out the lower leg?

When I had it apart I noticed that the damper base cap (where the schrader valve attaches) was loose and were able to turn by hand. Does this need to be tight to create a tight seal for the oil/air charge?

As I mentioned above I first need the get the damper bolt unthreaded.

Thanks

Updated at:
    DUC 32 damper knob/damper rod bolt turning
    Last edited by voob; 01-10-2012 at 05:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Voob, try compressing the damper/stanchion as much as you can as you turn the bolt. The top of the damper shaft has teeth that need to grab the top cap in order to get resistance for the bolt to be able to turn on its own. Hope that makes sense.

mtbr member
    Updated at:
    DUC 32 damper knob/damper rod bolt turning

Members who have read this thread: 0