mtbr member
    May 2009

CYCLOPS- 06 ML8 with DUC32 For Sale- PRICE REDUCED

Guys, I am reducing the price to $1,500 including shipping. Please help me find a great home for this unique ride.

Guys, its with a heavy heart to post Cyclops for sale here. I have loved the bike but my knees can no longer take the pounding. I really haven't ridden her much in the past 12 months. She's in great shape.

I have her listed on Pinkbike here: Maverick ML8 Large w/ DUC 32 Fork - Pinkbike and MTBR here: Maverick ML8 Large w/ DUC 32 Fork - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Its a great bike with a great parts list. I really wish I could still ride.

Here is the text from the ads. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading and the years of great Maverick camaraderie.

EJ

2006 ML8 Frame size Large built for me in 2009 by the service manager at Full Cycle Shop in Boulder using a still new, custom painted team frame. Its an awesome bike with awesome parts. I rode it for two years before my knees started hurting and I needed to hang it up. Bike is in great shape. The shock is custom valved for more rebound and rebuilt by Ethan at Maverick HQ in 2010. Same for the Speedball seatpost. Fork was fully serviced in 2011. I have a lot of various spares including front derailleur mounts, rear derailleur hangers, multiple bearings of all sizes for the frame, shock plastic bash guards and many more. Saint 4 Piston brakes with F&R 203mm rotors were added in 2010 and are incredible. I will also include a rocky mount Maverick fork adapter that can be used in any fork mount roof rack.

Specific parts list includes:
    1 season old F&R Continental Mountain King Tubeless tires 2.4 mounted on Mavic X823 Disc Rims with XT rear hub and Maverick front hub

XT Triple Ring Cranks with Sram XO Rear Derailleur and Sram X9 Levers

Race Face Riser Bars

Joplin Dropper Seat Post

Pedals NOT INCLUDED.

Do your research on this one. Paul Turner (RockShox founder) designed this bike to not need pro pedal gimmicks and other modern crutches. There is no bob when you pedal and the 6.5" of travel rips the downhills. Mark Weir used to win the Downeville AM race on one of these. At 3.9 lbs, the fork is lighter than any current 6" travel all mountain fork. Don't let the look fool you into thinking this is a downhill rig- its a XC up and down machine.

Start reading here: MAVERICK - Background and then read the different pages from there.

I can provide any detail pics you may want. The bikes and forks are still serviced by the 4 or 5 big suspension houses around the country or Ethan from the factory has set up his own shop and can be reached at or 303 918 5414. He knows me and this bike.

Shipping included.

Thank you for considering this incredible rig.
    Last edited by ejfiii; 10-07-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Price Change

mtbr member
    May 2009

Priced Reduced

Guys, I am reducing the price to $1500 including shipping. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Seems fair. My buddy just sold his ML8 with similar build for $1400
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm afraid with no activity - despite nearly 200 views here, 250 views of the mtbr ad and the pink bike ad - I'm going to forced to try my hand at flea bay. If someone reading this is on the fence make me an offer. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey guys, Cyclops is in the box ready to ship to its new home in Nevada. Ended up selling on Ebay.

Take care everyone. Best of luck to Ethan in keeping the brand going strong.

EJ