Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Purs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    174

    Best Price/Service Online

    I'm waiting on my LBS to give me a price on an ML8 (frame only) and a complete bike (probably M50).

    That being said, where have some of you guys purchased your Mav's online and been pleased with the price and service.?

    I really hope that I can purchase from my LBS as they are a great bunch of guys and have treated me well in the past, but I'd like to at least know what kind of deals are out there.

    thanks.
    Last edited by Purs; 03-25-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    2010 SC Blur XCc

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    131
    www.wrenchscience.com. Talk to Leif.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11
    I bought a new ML8 Frame on Ebay for $1400, and a Matic M-30 for $1900. from Beyondbikes.com

    Good Hunting!

  4. #4
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,137
    Buying product on eBay will not have any warranty.

    The retail pricing on Mavs website should not be higher then your LBS.

    Support your LBS
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11
    Thats your opinion, I did not need to waste $1000 for a warranty card. I have been shopping on Ebay for years and saving thousands of dollars like all the millions of other smart people. The point of shopping is to save money. Paying retail is not smart except for the retailer.

    How other people shop is their business not mine.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ethan F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    351
    A quick note:
    Maverick has a couple of on-line dealers of our products. They have been instructed on pricing and the consequences to going around that. Of course we cannot price fix by law. We support them and the warranty on the product. We also highly support all of our LBS dealers to the fullest extent we can. We help them out far quicker and customer get taken care of better than an Ebay'ed product. We would not be around if it we're not for our local bike shop dealers.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by chris999
    Thats your opinion, I did not need to waste $1000 for a warranty card. I have been shopping on Ebay for years and saving thousands of dollars like all the millions of other smart people. The point of shopping is to save money. Paying retail is not smart except for the retailer.

    How other people shop is their business not mine.

    uh, maybe until you need to warranty something?

    My one says BRAP!

  8. #8
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan F
    e also highly support all of our LBS dealers to the fullest extent we can. We help them out far quicker and customer get taken care of better than an Ebay'ed product. We would not be around if it we're not for our local bike shop dealers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.