Thread: 2010 Plans

mtbr member

2010 Plans

Well looks like we need to consider what is going to happen in 2010. I have always tried to do one major upgrade to my bike every year to make it better or lighter etc. Curious what upgrades my fellow Maverick Owners are planning for 2010 and why?

Myself will probably go for the Hammerschmidt for my ML8 because around here I almost never use the big chain ring in the front anyway and want the instant changes for the tight technical trails I ride her in east TN. Option B might be SRAMS new XX but not sure I see that as a big a step fwd. Now all I need is the cash

mtbr member
    my 2 cents worth (and somewhat off-topic) ...

with the development of the DUC36, because left over ml8's are being flogged on the maverick website, because of a lack of resources and due to a simple deep gut feeling (or just wishful thinking), then i reckon ...

the ml8 will be slightly updated to better suit the DUC36 (i.e. changes to strength and geo), will be offered with the HS only and perhaps have a few more mm tweaked out of the rear shock (also to suit the bigger fork).

the durance will come in normal/HS options, otherwise no change - although there is an *outside* chance that the rear travel will be bumped to 150mm and the frame made slightly lighter to firmly place the durance in the same league as other long travel, lightweight AM/enduro bikes (although the current durance frame weight is already very competitive for 140mm, so i'm not taking any bets) ...

the matic will be scrapped, so too the SC32. if the DUC32 makes a return at all, then maverick will have taken the opportunity to update that fork too.

the speedball will come with 4" of range and modified inners as per crank bros. joplin.

anything else? ahh yes, updated drop-outs for the forks ...

of course that is altogether way too much development work, so it's probably mostly just wishful thinking ...

ragetty
    Last edited by ragetty; 12-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.

simple
    I plan to make no changes to my Durance. It is perfect the way it is. Well, maybe tubeless rims if Mavic steps up and makes a nice all mountain UST rim, the 819 is just too narrow.

mtbr member
    opps, i misread the first post ... sorry! (although my comments are still interesting, i think).

maybe HS for my durance, maybe formula the one too - or maybe a new bike ..

ragetty
    Last edited by ragetty; 12-28-2009 at 02:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    29er Maverick with 5.5" rear travel and 5.5" DUC36 front fork. Maybe front / rear convertible to 26er and 7" travel, of course both setups with the performance we are used to from our maverick bikes...

Ethan, are you listening????????

mtbr member
    ... i'd rather a 650b compatible rear end, and a little more tyre clearance too ...

mtbr member
    Thinking about what Maverick might do in 2010 my mind begins to wonder to a Carbon ML8.X with maybe a half inch more travel in the back and the DUC36 carbon fork. You could put needle bearings in the Carbon Mono Link and upgrade the rear damper with a few more adjustments. Then sit back and start taking orders....

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    I want to send the DUC's out for some custom tuning by Suspension Experts.

Other than that, my Mavericks are just the way I want them-perfect.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

Members who have read this thread: 0