mtbr member
    Jul 2009

New question here. 2010 Maverick Bikes - No DUC? No SC?

Just checked the Maverick site and was excited to see 2010 bikes coming out since I am considering replacing my 2001 ML7 w/SC32 for a Durance w/DUC32, and was surprised to see the Durance and ML8 are only being offered as complete bikes with a Fox Float 32 w/15mm axle. http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/...ts/productID/3

I am sure a dealer would be able to slap on a DUC, but does anyone know what's up with the fork options? Why no DUC or SC?

Schipperkes are cool.
    The Durance is not designed for the SC32. The DUC32 has had production paused as Maverick has been putting in the time, money and huge effort or the Carbon DUC36.
    I do know of a shop that has a brand new DUC32. Email me for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the info on the production stoppage, and that makes sense since Maverick is such a small outfit. As for my future Durance, I wouldn't put a SC on it, I would go for the DUC. I've had a SC on my ML7 for over 4 years now and love it. I just started experimenting with the shim stack and different oils and truly appreciate its adjustability/tunability. Honestly, I wouldn't consider any other fork other than a DUC for the Durance.

So Banks, I see you are totally in the know on Mavericks, when you have a chance would you check out my question in the "Creaky Near Bottom Bracket" thread? Thanks in advance.