Thread: 2007 Maverick ?

mtbr member

2007 Maverick ?

Hi All Trying to get back on a Mav and might buy an 07 Durance but have a question?
    Does the 07 Durance have the latest Maverick upgrades( Duc32 & Shock internals, Monolink, Frame Geometry)?
    Last Mav i had was an 04 ML7 and have a Cannondale and a rip 9 since then but always remembered the magic carpet ride of the Mav Would like to have one for keepsake now but cant break the bank doing it
    Thank You

Schipperkes are cool.
    2007 and later the Durance is it's own chassis, so the geo never changed. Shock internals should be the "newest" version with the air valve at the top of the shock. The only change in the DUC internally is the damper piston and shim stack. The Black MonoLinks are all the same with ML7 to ML8.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    [edit] ahh, banks got in before me, but i'll leave my post as sent .... [/edit]

i *may* be wrong, but the 2007 durance could have 'only' 125mm travel and the ML7/5 geo.

starting 2008 then 140mm and a slightly different geo - this sticks in my mind as 140mm was what made me pull the trigger on my 2008 durance. but i may err ...

the later durance shock will fit the 2007 frame, giving a minor shift in geo and 140mm of travel. we did this for a friend's hard ano durance with no noticeable sacrifice.

the monolink should be the latest version.

i can't comment on the DUC32.

either way, ethan should be able to mod/swap the shock & fork up to the latest versions, and even dial them in for your needs ...
    Last edited by ragetty; 11-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Sounds like i'll keep looking until i find an 08 Durance to get the suspension goods

mtbr member
    it occurs to me that there is a 2008 140mm travel durance on sale here in the mtb forum for germany (MTB-News.de). a complete bike with a fox 32 fork, frame size is L ...

it was priced at 1800, then reduced to 1500 - but that was maybe almost 2 months ago now, so there is probably still a chance to push the price down further. even so, the exchange rate and shipping may still make it too expensive ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyketobyke View Post
    Sounds like i'll keep looking until i find an 08 Durance to get the suspension goods
    The 5.5" travel 08-11 is the frame you want, What size and complete bike or frame? Where are you located?
    I might have a medium frame for sale.

mtbr member
    Thanks voob. I'm looking for a large frame w/ Duc 32s of course and a 75 - 95 stem if possible ??? I'm pretty particular with the rest so to find a complete bike that i like might be hard to find. But if it where it would have to have at least Mavic 717 wheels, XT cranks and Elixer brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyketobyke View Post
    Thanks voob. I'm looking for a large frame w/ Duc 32s of course and a 75 - 95 stem if possible ??? I'm pretty particular with the rest so to find a complete bike that i like might be hard to find. But if it where it would have to have at least Mavic 717 wheels, XT cranks and Elixer brakes.
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321025878251?...9#ht_500wt_992

mtbr member
    That would of been a good buy