mtbr member
    Sep 2008

10spd on your wagon?

Has anyone gone 10spd on their Maverick yet? If so what setup?

I'm thinking of going for a 2x10 setup, as I pretty much never use the 44T ring on my triple except to keep my chain tight. Thinking of a 26/38 chainset with an 11-36 cassette out back, should give me pretty much all the ratios I need. Thinking XT for the shifters, rear mech and cassette. Not sure on the chainset, probably a SRAM X7 as XT isn't available in 2 ring and XTR is extortionate.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nobody?

Take Chances
    Great idea. Been thinking of this myself but have not moved forward.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Give Ethan a holler. I'm sure he's talked about it and done it. I would also wager the R773 would handle it fine.

Happy trails!

mtbr member

10 - 11, whatever it takes!!

Going 10sp:
    Shimano - you will only need to get a slightly modified D-mount that will allow you to lower the front der. this is what i recommend, since they still have the best shifting...
    Sram - We would need to modify the Monolink to accept a 73mm BB only. The Monolink is 73mm plus the D-mount, that makes 75.5mm. I like to take a smidgen off the drive side, including the D-mount anchor, and the rest off the non-drive side, this gives you a 70.5mm shell width to equal 73mm in the end with the D-mount. If you ever need to go back to 73mm shell, then you would just add a standard BB spacer.
    Make sure to have the Shimano R773, this works just fine in this set-up.
    Give me a shout at ethan@maverickbike.com for any more info you might need.
    Maverick Suspension Inc.
    Servicing all Suspension
    Mavericksuspension.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Cheers Ethan

Thinking now I might just run a standard XT 10spd triple chainset instead. Anything I need to do to make that work compared to the M760 9spd XT setup I've got on there at the moment?

Would be running it with an 11-36 cassette if that makes any difference...

Oh, and already got an R773 on there thankfully, though it does seem strangely stiffer in use than the 105 triple front mech I had on my old ML7 frame!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bike now has a full 3x10 XT setup on, with an 11-36 cassette. So far so good, and the shifting really is exceptional!

mtbr member
    am going from HSx9 to HSx10 on my durance soon - the parts are all here except for the shifter - will also be using 11-36 XT at the rear, but SRAM X.9 for the mechanics ...

ragetty