mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Yokun Ridge conditions

Im looking to hit the Yokun Ridge trails Sunday and wondered of any one has rode those trails this yr and what shape they are in. Really wet and muddy? or have they dried out. Thanks for any info in short notice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KG_rider
    Im looking to hit the Yokun Ridge trails Sunday and wondered of any one has rode those trails this yr and what shape they are in. Really wet and muddy? or have they dried out. Thanks for any info in short notice!
    Hi. I've ridden there a couple of times in the last few weeks and the trails are in great condition. They are 95% dry. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    just a comment regarding these trails. first, they're my favorite even though I live over 200miles away. second. 23 yrs ago when I lived in Lenox and Lee Mt biking didn't exist and all those trails never saw bicycles on them. I did some xc sking and running but never my bicycle. wow, things have changed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    just a comment regarding these trails. first, they're my favorite even though I live over 200miles away. second. 23 yrs ago when I lived in Lenox and Lee Mt biking didn't exist and all those trails never saw bicycles on them. I did some xc sking and running but never my bicycle. wow, things have changed.
    I hear you...
    They are some of the best trails I've ever ridden. Last season I rode them at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4! I consider myself very lucky to be living 15 minutes down the road, and the guy I often ride with feels the same way. They give you a hell of a workout, too :P
    I'll take some pics one of these days and post them here...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If I know what I'm doing here's mine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I know everyone knows where this is. right? if going up, it's the little trail on the left, up the rock and there it is. this picture is looking over at Kennedy Park.

mtbr member

Nice pic!

I know everyone knows where this is. right? if going up, it's the little trail on the left, up the rock and there it is. this picture is looking over at Kennedy Park.
    Yeah, I know exactly where that is. Off Broken Thumb, right? BTW, I was riding one of the less traveled sections of singletrack last Saturday (the really windy trail that goes up to the radio tower) and ran into a bear (almost litterally)! It was cool, but a little disconcerting since I was alone and that trail doesn't really get you out of the woods too fast! Cool experience though...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    We finally had a chance to try out these trails last Sunday. Even though we arrived just after a rainfall it didnt take anything away from our ride. This is a GREAT trail system. There are a lot of fun interesting trails with all types of challenges. Starting out across the street from Olivia's Overlook we started climbing the hill and it wasnt long before we were riding thru the low clouds that were blowing up the ridge from the valley below. We were especially impressed with the rock work done on the trails along with a staircase that Im glad I hit going up cuz I would have never made it down in one piece (being how wet and slippery everything was). We ended by taking the trail from the parking lot and doing the loop around the cell tower. If you do come here after a rain try to make sure you have some good tires. My old tires were slipping, sliding and spinning anytimie I got out of my saddle. My buddy had no problems since he had new 2.25s. Enjoy the pics! (from Burbank trail, the staircase and some slickrock by the cell tower)
    Attached Images Attached Images

not really a noob
    i was there monday! ill post pics soon. have you ridden in kenedy park?
    [SIZE=1]I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD[/SIZE]

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by KG_rider
    IN LENOX???

not really a noob
    if you ever see a kid with a black bmx helmet and a cannondale gemini holler to me if you want

not really a noob
    i dont know if you know were this is but, in stockbridge up on Laura's Tower which used to be a hiking trail, a few friends now dominate that trail.

if you dont know were it is, as you going into great barrington on route 7 you go through the big intersection by the red lion then a few hundered feet later theres a mobil station on the left, go down that road (park street) all the wat to the end, across the bridge and train tracks and up the mountain. again look for me if you go.