Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yarmouth rides

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Yarmouth rides

Doing one this afternoon if anyone is interested.

Starting at sandy pond, ride higgins rd trails to willow st. Ride willow, then cross over and take greenough to west yarm rd, to mattacheese/horse pond, then back to sandy. One big loop. Start at 3pm. Could skip greenough (or willow) for a shorter ride. I ride a rigid ss if that matters. Any takers?

mtbr member
    I wish I could do that. Especially so I could ride with a fellow SS (though I traded the rigid in a month ago). Any possibility on doing some tours out there way another time?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anytime iceboxsteve. pm sent

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Kraken. I think I've run into you a couple times. Once at Willow St. and once up at Kingdom Trails this summer. Was that you?

mtbr member
    That was probably me haha. I still had the rigid at that point. I remember running into you at KT, back in June right?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yes! I heard ss rigid and Willow St. and it rang a bell. I was with a group. I ride a Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    You could also loop in the easy/scenic trails near Gray's Beach, as well as the six or so well-earned miles at Weir Rd/West Greatwestern too. Then go back through Greenough.

A group SS Yarmouth Epic would be very cool. Maybe some Sunday morning. Easy to get in 30 miles.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sounds good longshanks! I usually go as far north as the post office on 6a then back through greenough. I just did that route I posted today in under 2 hrs, you could definitely add some more on top of that.

random shot from today's ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Know IT WELL ! thanks fer sharing
    Formerly Wiz - Boot'd I guess

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Added great western/weir via german hill to the loop, 4.5 hrs round trip.

Some of the yarmouth gnar- Wasn't hitting this stuff on the old rigid ss, maybe once I get the honzo going

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Wow. Never ridden any of this before. Need to come out with you guys sometime and see some of these. Or if someone gave me a rough idea of where to look for them. Reminds me of some of the sketchy stunts at Pine Hills.

mtbr member
    Nice! Do you track your rides on Strava or anywhere?

I'm learning the Sandy Pond trails. All kinda the same flat and fast, but fun.

Brewing up that epic Yarmouth ride.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anytime wb, pm me

Shanks - I start at sandy for a little warm up before hitting willow st. I ride a single speed so it's nice to warm up before going full blast at willow. I haven't tracked anything yet. What app do you use?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yarmouth epic? I may drive down for that one.

rog

mtbr member
    I like the word epic...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    yarmouth epic? I may drive down for that one.

rog
    The legend returns! That'd be awesome. You used to KILL me in Willow St with your "push through the struggle" pace. I'm getting queasy just thinking about it.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    I use Strava on my iPhone. Good for tracking rides and talking trash. For example, I rode my SS on my preferred Greenough loop at lunchtime today (at a 'too many beers watching football yesterday' pace).

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Good Greenough loop. near Yarmouth | Times and Records | Strava
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
    The legend returns! That'd be awesome. You used to KILL me in Willow St with your "push through the struggle" pace. I'm getting queasy just thinking about it.
    or how bout, "the disappear gear".

keep me posted. i'm in touch with jeff quite often, so I should get a heads up. i'm due for a visit anyway. would love to ss it up with you boyz. good (painful) times

rog

mtbr member
    Yarmouth rides-image.jpgThe gang did a nice 15 miler today connecting several conservation areas.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    nice!^^^^^^

back in the mid to late 90's I worked at cove cycle in Hyannis with doug from Orleans cycle and we did a Tuesday night ride from sandy pond. twas a 19+ mile loop that included sandy pond, mattakeese, south 6 (no bushwood, art's, or automile back then), the wall, 18 holes, north 6 (RIP), new north 6 (double RIP, was the best ever Willow st trail imo), dennis pond, and camp greenough. we used to beat the $hit outta each other on that loop and do it in around 1:40 +- depending on who showed up.

good times

rog

mtbr member
    Yarmouth rides-screenshot1.jpg

Put a nice long ride in Saturday. I knew I'd be getting out late so I skipped on letting you know Finn. Thanks for all the Strava rides though, helped me poach new singletrack :-)

Had a freaking blast, even though I got mixed up a handful of times. Parked under the bridge, warmed up on the Boy Scout camp stuff (there seemed to be much more), then classic Willow, then cooled down around Horse Pond or what not (again seemed to be much more than I was hitting).

Love that there is a boatload of trail in Yarmouth. Totaled 23.5 and had it in around 2.5 hours (not a Rog pace by any means but it was a nice clip for me).

Would love to go back and explore more, that and I haven't hit Nickerson yet.

mtbr member
    Nice ride, iceboxsteve. Pretty easy to get 20+ miles in -- even without the eastside WGW/Weir stuff.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice ride icebox! If you want to check out nickerson there's a group ride tuesday nights at 5:30 or I could show you around anytime, I live 5 mins from nick

mtbr member
    Like to join you guys some time. You've only just touched on the stuff south of the Mid Cape Hwy. There are a lot more trails there including a bunch that extend out to Plashes Pond.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Plashes pond is out behind taft rd and links the cranberry bog trails that surround west yarm rd to horse pond. I Haven't ridden back there in a long time. It's pretty flat but fun to explore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast