mtbr member

XC Racing Training around Boston

I go to school at Northeastern University and am looking for a group of people that train for XC racing on trails around boston (Blue hills, fells, Lynn woods). Im from connecticut and all the people i used to train with dont live in boston. and its not very safe to ride on trails by yourself. Does anyone know of any group rides that consist of people that race (fast paced on technical trails)?

Who are the brain police?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I ride Blue Hills usually 3 times a week. Two shorter runs during the week and a longer one on Saturdays. I've never raced -but I have been doing the three rides every week for the past three years, so I think I could keep pace.

Some areas get dodgy once you leave the single/double track areas but I have never had trouble passing them on a steel hard tail running an 80mm fork and 2.3 tires.

Decent enough place. I ride there from home, which is about 15 minutes away.

Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride.

mtbr member
    well looks like it might be sunny tomorrow and thursday! (Finally)
    I'm about nine miles from the parking lot by the base of Blues hills ski area. (live in JP) Temporarily i dont have a car and would ride it. I usually get home from work around 5-515, which means i could be on the trail by 550-600. Would you be up for meeting tomorrow or thursday?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Both tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday work fine for me. I can meet you in the small parking lot beside the paved road that runs to the weather observatory between 5:50 and 6:00PM.

There's a set of trails that I do that takes about an hour to an hour and half to do.

If something comes up and you can't make it, send me an e-mail: rlk3@rcn.com

- Ray