Where is my mind?

Worcester area trail maps

Hi everyone. I'm new to the area and I'm hearing great things about the local trails. I'm thinking of heading out on my first ride this or next weekend, but since I do not know any local riders, that and I'm out of shape (don't really want to slow anyone down). I was hoping to get hold of some of local trail maps, or even a map that I can load onto my GPS unit. For starters I'm looking at trails in near Worcester, like the Rayburn, West Milbury or even Vietnam trail.

Thanks
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mike
    this may get you started.
    good luck

http://bikerag.com/mountain%20bike%2...%20reviews.htm

Where is my mind?
    Thanks Bushwacker.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

mtbr member
    I also have a google map below and you can search gps tracks here.

Where is my mind?
    Thanks woodsguy. Went for my first ride MA ride at Rayburn and except for a cramps (out of conditioning) it was a great ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm planning to ride rayburn Sunday the 18th if you are interested. Dont worry about the pace.

Where is my mind?
    Thanks Blitzer, let me see what I have going on for then (need to get ready for the in laws). But, I'll probably be able to make it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey Cyclopod - I'm also fairly new to Worcester and don't know many people - give me a shout if you want to meet up and ride, esp if you're free during weekdays. You may also want to check out the BVNEMBA weekly rides - I did a couple last fall and hope to get back out with them sometime.

Where is my mind?
    I got to hit the West Millbury trail, aka, singletary, yesterday. That was a really fun ride. I'm still working on getting and I was wiped out by the time I got back to the parking lot, but I see myself spending a lot of time at this trail. Thanks for the maps guys. I would have been lost otherwise.

blet drive
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

blet drive
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott {he has crazzy curly hair} and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott {he has crazzy curly hair} and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you
    Sounds like a good deal. Bicycle Alley is just down the hill from me, and its on the way en route to the Milbury trails.

blet drive
    yes but you dont have to even go that far

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    yes but you dont have to even go that far
    Saw him yesterday before I got this. I forgot to drop your name. I'll bring it up next time I'm at the shop.

Where is my mind?
    Hey Junglekid, do you know anything about this trail that circles the airport? I found a topo map at a site listed above. No GPX map.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hey Junglekid, what else is around the airport? I have heard of Chaos but the reviews are all 5-6 years old. I would like to know more about the area since I live near tatnuck square. Can you repost the link to the trail that goes around the airport? Thanks

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudhunter
    Hey Junglekid, what else is around the airport? I have heard of Chaos but the reviews are all 5-6 years old. I would like to know more about the area since I live near tatnuck square. Can you repost the link to the trail that goes around the airport? Thanks
    Is this the site you're looking for?

If I manage to get out early enough today I may try some of it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There was trails out there but the ice storm we had 2 years ago pretty much snapped the tops off of all the trees in the area. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

Also that is all Reservoir land that supplies water to Worcester County and if you are caught riding it you could be fined or worse. Similar to what would happen if you get caught riding in the Quabbin Reservoir.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17
    There was trails out there but the ice storm we had 2 years ago pretty much snapped the tops off of all the trees in the area. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

Also that is all Reservoir land that supplies water to Worcester County and if you are caught riding it you could be fined or worse. Similar to what would happen if you get caught riding in the Quabbin Reservoir.
    What trail in particular? The guys at Bicycle Alley said that the trail was all good.

the test dummy
    i ride nam every weekend if you want ill gladly show you around, if not me i'm sure some one will show you around pretty much every one up there is wicked friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    What trail in particular? The guys at Bicycle Alley said that the trail was all good.
    Chaos / "the Bump" above the airport was an awesome trail. I just got back into mtn biking this year so haven't been there in a 2-3 years. I mean to give it another look soon. I do know that the old access point has been replaced by a couple of new houses. At the end of the road there is a gate where it turns into a gravel road. The white trail takes off on the left IIRC a 100 feet down or so.

Anyone comment on Spider Gates on the other side of rt 122?

Trout brook is a small'ish park in Holden. Singletrack, technical roots. Some rocky sections. Not a lot of large climbs. It's well marked and you could do a couple loops to make it a 7 maybe 10 mile ride.

Vietnam is awesome. Go early in the AM and no one is there !

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    Is this the site you're looking for?

If I manage to get out early enough today I may try some of it.
    Thanks Cyclopod, I went up there the other day and it looked not too bad, will take the bike up there this weekend. Found a cool pet cemetery from the 40's up there too. If anyone else knows of stuff on the west side put it up! Thanks

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    i ride nam every weekend if you want ill gladly show you around, if not me i'm sure some one will show you around pretty much every one up there is wicked friendly.
    Thanks. Not quite there fitness-wise, but getting close. I'll look you up when my lungs and legs can take a beating.

blet drive
    yes there are some great trails near the air port.. Scott and the bike alley boys can give you the full skinny there are trails at spider gates as well.

Cyclopod- Scott can give you the full run of the Bump... or old amc