Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Re: Willowdale Conditions

Update for everyone. I work at a golf course near willowdale and we finally melted out early this week. Gave it a few days and went to willowdale after work today for a quick spin.

Fireroads are very wet and soft with some good sized icy spots remaining. The singletrack was snow free except for small spots here and there. There were some muddy spots on north facing hills that arent usually wet and the trails were loamier and softer than usual.

All in all rideable but not 100% in yet. Could be a setback this weekend depending on how much rain we get. Can't say I'd recommend driving very far to ride willowdale at the moment if you're not in the area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anyone have any news on Willowdale? I'm thinking about giving it a go this weekend...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I gave Willowdale an abbreviated spin late on Sunday. I rode a good chunk of the northern part, off Linebrook. Generically, it was dryer than I had feared it would be. Singletrack was all pretty good. Maybe a tiny bit softer than usual, but not anything that would cause trail damage. Few mud spots, but nothing unavoidable.

The fire roads had some sections that were pretty rough. Clearly our equestrian friends continued using them through mud season, and there's plenty of damage to them as a result.

Other than the lung and leg pain from the first ride of the year it was a good day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2