North Shore NEMBA welcomes you to attend the 7th Annual Wicked Ride of the East is this coming Sunday at Harold Parker State Forest in North Andover MA. Ride details are available here:
The weather Sunday is not looking too bad at this point, but even if it’s damp, the trails at HP hold up well. Unless it’s a monsoon, the riding will be wicked good. Over a mile of new singletrack since last year’s event!
Other factors that may help you get out of bed Sunday:
- You will get an extra hour of sleep – DST ends Saturday night.
- There need be no fear of parking your butt on a cold wet porta-potti seat or changing in your car – we will have heated rest rooms with running water, plenty of room to put on your gear.
- The start location is a great place to hang out during the day or after the ride, with a covered pavilion and a nice sunny lawn overlooking Berry Pond. In addition to the Halloween treats, apples, cookies, and cider (hot or cold as the day dictates) that we have provided in the past, NSNEMBA will be lighting the camp stoves for a number of pots of chili/chowder/soups. Partake of these, or bring your own. A grill will be going if you want to cook out.
- You might go home with some great schwag from MBAS sponsors Kenda and Topeak or a number of bike shops that have generously supported the event raffle. A shop or 2 will even be on site to attend to any mechanical problems that you might have.
- Patriots game is on Monday and the World Series is at 8PM.
- Buy last minute raffle tickets for the NEMBA Land Access raffle, supporting grants for trail projects throughout New England. Be there when your ticket is drawn for the grand prize, a Ted Wojcik “Solution” full suspension bike, and other great prizes from Comfort Inn (with Kingdom Trail Assoc. passes), Fox, Mavic, Use, and VDO.
- Get rid of the mountain of dead tubes in your garage responsibly – bring them to the Wingnut tube recycle bin at the event.
- Take advantage of the Women's Riding Clinic with Alexis Wruble, Karen Eagan, and Kate Walton, members of Team Eastern Mountain Sports race team. Other led rides, non gender specific and for varying abilities.
- Event benefits the NSNEMBA Trail Care program at Harold Parker State Forest and other North Shore ride locations.
- Warm up for the Wendell Funride 11/12 http://www.nemba.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18307 and the Turkey Burner 11/24 www.fomba.com
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Wicked Ride of the East 10/29