mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Who's riding this weekend and where?

who's riding at all this weekend in greater Boston area?

where's a good spot that has fun fireroads, so me and my buddy don't ruin the singletrack (and get ourselves totally bogged in what will probably be a ton of water and mud)...

or have you heard of some single track that is in ok shape?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Most places on and around the cape should be dry this weekend. That might be a little out of your range though.

mtbr member
    I was riding today in Weston Woods and the train-tracks are totally flooded and so are the swamp trails. 6 mile loop in Lincoln was the same. I also stopped by Turkey Hill in Wayland and the trail is now a fast flowing stream. The low lying trails around here are gonna need more time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i will be at pinehills sometime on saturday... place is usually really dry no matter how much it rains it is up on a giant hill so it drains really well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There's a pretty accessible group ride going down tomorrow morning at 9 at one of MA's best trail systems..

Batchelor St. Starts from the B st. parking lot

mtbr member
    I rode Otis today and the Cape is completely drained and mud free. A few blowdowns left but other than that trail conditions were great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Any dry places within 20 miles of Cambridge MA?

I would like to make it out on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Any recommendation for dry areas around Cambridge MA? I am thinking of Belmont conservation?

Best,

John

the test dummy
    im gonna ride some of my secret trails they never get flooded
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Just rode Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsboro today with some friends, it's full of mostly dry singletrack, just a touch of mud in low spots here and there. fire roads a little wet here and there, nothing impassable. Definitely worth the trip from my house in Belmont- only took about 40 mins.