More than one, of course!

Where's the riding?

I just accepted a job in the Boston area and my very next thought was the question; Where's the riding? So Bostonians and others of area trail knowledge, how close is the riding to Boston?

Thanks
    FR
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

MC MasterShake
    Lots of stuff to ride near Boston. Here's the short list:

Middlesex Fells - Malden - Decent X-Country singletrack/fire road stuff. Nice park for practicaly being in the city. Gets crowded. Hikers can be jerks.

Blue Hills - South of the City - I've never been there

Lynn Woods - Lynn - Great stuff here. Freeride/All Mountain/X-Country/fireroads. Lots of rocks with drops and other stunts. Trails are pretty heavily ridden so there is a good bit of erosion.

Harold Parker - Andover - Xcountry singletrack mostly. Well maintained trails, nice swimming in the summer.

Start there and find some locals. They'll show you where the real stuff is

Thanks!

Lynn Woods sounds interesting. How far out of town is it or better yet what town is it in and I'll keep it in mind when looking for houses.
    Conversation that follows with wife: Ulterior motives? No honey, I just heard that that town is a great place to live"

FR

Endurance Junkie
    Sep 2005
    It's in Lynn - don't live there

MC MasterShake
    Lynn is about 20 minutes North of the City. Check out RT1 N where it interesects with 128 N on the map. It's in that area.

You don't want to live in Lynn, trust me. Lynn is pretty cheap for housing for a reason. Look along 128 north of the city for a place that's in commuting distance and at the same time keeps you near the trails. I live on the North Shore and I'm never starving for a new place to ride. It also puts you closer to trips up north.

What type of setup do you have? What kind of trails are you used to? If it ever stops raining maybe you can get a ride in.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Lynn is about 20 minutes North of the City. Check out RT1 N where it interesects with 128 N on the map. It's in that area.

You don't want to live in Lynn, trust me. Lynn is pretty cheap for housing for a reason. Look along 128 north of the city for a place that's in commuting distance and at the same time keeps you near the trails. I live on the North Shore and I'm never starving for a new place to ride. It also puts you closer to trips up north.

What type of setup do you have? What kind of trails are you used to? If it ever stops raining maybe you can get a ride in.

Thanks, I checked out some pics and it looks great. Drops, rocks, and ladders, oh my.

Right now I have an 04 Blur and have been "abusing" it at Santos Park, a fantastic system here in FL, yes, I said FL (Check out some santos pics if you don't believe me). I grew up in CT but this was pre-MTBing for me so I'm glad to see some great riding up in NE. I should be up there in the near future so maybe I'll shoot you a PM and see if you want to ride once the wife and I are settled in.

FR

MC MasterShake
    Sounds good. Give me a buzz when you get into town. I'll show you around Lynn and some other local spots. There's actually some amazing riding in the area. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

Where in CT did you grow up? I grew up in Greenwich.

Sounds Good

Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Sounds good. Give me a buzz when you get into town. I'll show you around Lynn and some other local spots. There's actually some amazing riding in the area. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

Where in CT did you grow up? I grew up in Greenwich.
    I will definately take you up on the offer. I grew up around NH and also lived in Fairfield. Talk to you later.