mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Where to ride nearest to Boston (XC/trail)?

I'm going to school in Cambridge - where's the best place to go riding outside of Boston for XC/trail riding? All day rides (or 5h rides) would be nice. Anything that's serviced by the commuter trains as I have no car? Or will I need to use the Zip Cars?

Finally, is there biking near Wellesley?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    There is plenty of riding in the Boston area (Fells and Blue Hills). Check out http://www.nemba.org/ You can go to Ridezone then click on Places to Ride, then pick MA. Blue Hills is in Milton (south) and Middlesex Fells is Northwest of Cambridge. Plenty of other places not to far out of the city.

Just a flesh wound

Wompatuck

You can take the commuter rail to Cohasset and access Wompatuck through the fire roads of Whitney Thayer Woods. Lynn Woods is to the North in Lynn.

There is a 25 mile race in Wompy on the 13'th of September. Lots of fun. Good time to check it out with lots of company. Friendsofwompatuck.org

mtbr member
    Take the Framingham/Worc line to Ashland or Southboro and you can ride to Vietnam (Milford.) Takes about 35 minutes (pedaling) to get from the station to the trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    There is some decent single track near Wellesley at Cutler Park. Nothing that will take you 5 hours but you could put a loop together that will give you 2 hours of riding.

Look up Kendrick St. Needham, MA on a map and you will see Cutler Pond and the parking lot for the park.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    near Wellsley you have some options not too far away.
    weston woods in weston
    Naonet Woodlands in dover ( which connects to Hale in westwood , and rocky woods in Medfield ) you can fo a long ride there
    Calahan State park in Frammingham
    I'm Better known as Splat

over my head
    post here or on www.bustedspoke.com and I'll bet you can find someone to pick you up at a rail station for a weekend ride. You have to get to Lynn Woods and Viet Nam.
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Do the commuter trains allow you to bring bikes aboard?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Anybody?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

dude

Quote Originally Posted by BohemianChris
    Anybody?
    Ever heard of google? How about the internet? Do a search first, so I don't have to do it for you . . . http://mbta.com/riding_the_t/bikes/

Thanks.