LynnWoodsTrekker
    Aug 2006

Where is the "Barn Drop"

Saw a video on dieselbikes "Freerider 101" That Barn Drop looked fun. Think a 200 lb. guy on and 90's hardtail trek would snap his frame landing that? I'm not worried about my abilities, I'm worried about my bikes ability. Last time I landed a jump like that on a bike I was about 60 lbs lighter (much younger then).

mtbr member
    The landing is smooth and hardtail friendlyÖjust do not come up short. I would not suggest hitting that drop with your ageing hardtail. Itís your decision, but we would not want to have any accident due to mechanical failure even if you have the abilities to land it.

Also, where is the Barn Drop? Itís at B&Tís in Gloucester MASS. Itís on the north side of the trails on private land so if you want to ride their, you will need to get permission from the land owner before doing anything.

We have more information about B&Tís on our website and have permission from the land owner to have group rides there from time to time. Check out Dieselbikes for more info and drop me an e-mail (frankd@dieselbikes.com) if you want to kick it around their sometime in the future.

Later
    Diesel
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member

Two Jokes In One Day, This Is To Much

Quote Originally Posted by learninglynnwoods
    Saw a video on dieselbikes "Freerider 101" That Barn Drop looked fun. Think a 200 lb. guy on and 90's hardtail trek would snap his frame landing that? I'm not worried about my abilities, I'm worried about my bikes ability. Last time I landed a jump like that on a bike I was about 60 lbs lighter (much younger then).
    Dude I don't know who the Fu@k you are, but you've got a name called learninglynnwooods,which is strange enough(buy the way I'm born and raised from Lynn )I rode kid bikes in there when( most of them stolen) I was a kid 70's and I've been mountain biking there for almost 18 years.AND MY NECK IS FINE.And If the broken neck post wasn't bad enough,( but I'm glad your not worried about your abilities) OH BOY,and now you WHAT want to change your name to learninglyb&t's and find the BARN DROP which I built by the way. Sounds like you need to crawl before you can walk....

LynnWoodsTrekker
    Aug 2006
    Revised: can't we all just get along? Next time I feel I'm being attacked I will pm that person. I didn't know this site had pm's.
    Last edited by learninglynnwoods; 08-29-2006 at 07:35 AM.