Paste eater

What to do on the Nshore

Coming home, been a while since i've hung out there. Anything fun/active to do aside from biking?

MC MasterShake
    It all depends on the weather. If it's snowy there's good XC skiing and snowshoeing. I just picked up XC skiing myself and I've been in Dogtown pretty much every day since the snow fell.

I have some friends that that surf year round in Gloucester.

You can also go rock hopping along the Rockport coast at Halibut Point State Park. You can hop for miles and miles there.

There's rock climbing at Red Rocks. You can top rope or do some bouldering in the same area of the snow has cleared enough.

Salem has a pretty fun bar scene with great restaurants, if you're into that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Salem agree on that. I enjoy the slippy pole in Gloucester but that later this year. Could fish if you like that. I miss riding the Cape ann loop. Every year I head home to Essex and Hamilton for visiting and eating seafood which is costly here in AZ. I almost forgot Boston is just a train ride away.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by daveydoo17
    Salem agree on that. I enjoy the slippy pole in Gloucester but that later this year. Could fish if you like that. I miss riding the Cape ann loop. Every year I head home to Essex and Hamilton for visiting and eating seafood which is costly here in AZ. I almost forgot Boston is just a train ride away.

I grew up in Beverly and Essex. Thanks for the refresher Woodyak! All stuff that is familiar but I've forgotten about. whats the status with Dogs over at Halibut point?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    It is a small world after all. Tell people that I grew up in Essex and the deer in the headlight look comes forward. A few had come out to the desert but all returned home within the year of coming out. I also thinking of uprooting and returning to Taxachusetts. Miss four seasons, the clams and scallops, but right now the weather is way to nice here in AZ 70 degree days and sunny perfect outdoor weather.

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind
    I grew up in Beverly and Essex. Thanks for the refresher Woodyak! All stuff that is familiar but I've forgotten about. whats the status with Dogs over at Halibut point?
    Officially, they are supposed to be on leashes but it's so dead in the winter you can let them run free. You're allowed to let them run loose on Front Beach and Good Harbor Beach.