GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Western Mass vacation

Any locals want to chime in to tell me the "must ride" trails out there. I'm headed out for a week, delayed honeymoon, and I've negotiated 3 hours on 2 days to ride. Any opinions?

PS I'll be staying in Hancock, MA

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Post this

on norules mtnbikeclub . Its a Yahoo sports group. Most of our trails are unmarked and unmapped. Yokun ridge and Kennedy park are about the only 2mapped areas . Maps can be had at the Arcadian shop in Lenox. Let us know when you are coming and hopefully someone will show you around. Harry

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I'm at Jiminey Peak

But brought a short travel hardtail. Any ideas on where to ride would be great.

I tried to join the yahoo groups, but that technology fails me.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Call me before 8 am on Sunday or after 5pm Monday and I will walk you through

a good ride at Balance Rock. Its the back side of Jiminy. Harry 413 229 0313

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The guy at the Down in Denver Bookshop on rte 43 in Stephentown (if it's still there...it's a been a while) can put you on to some GREAT riding in Cherry Plain SP in NY (it's close to Jiminy) and is Greater Stephentown, NY as welll...I used to live right on rte 43 on the Hancock/ Stphentown Border...there's some great riding right around the corner...and off the Top of Jiminy if you Head south into the Pittsfield State forest.

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks

I guess I didn't realize how close I was...I got laughed at by some folks at Jiminy for wanting to bring my hardtail to the top of the mountain to see about the back side...was warned not to bring a hardtail with a small fork.

I'm going to try and ride from Jiminy down 43 to the State Park and ride home over the mountain...we'll see what happens.

Thanks for both of your comments and advice so far. Cheers.