mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Western MA - night riding at Robinson?

Does anyone who rides at Robinson S.P. in Agawam know if night riding is allowed there? I'm thinking about investing in a light setup so that I can stretch the day and do some riding weekdays after work in late March / April, but I've heard that riding at night is frowned upon in a lot of places.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I don't know if it is allowed but I have. There are so many ways in it would be hard to stop you. If you noticed, there are a lot of fire pits along the trails. That place sees a lot of night activity.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kjfp
    I don't know if it is allowed but I have. There are so many ways in it would be hard to stop you. If you noticed, there are a lot of fire pits along the trails. That place sees a lot of night activity.
    Yeah I've noticed some of those fire pits but I guess I never gave them much thought. Along with ice and darkness I'll just add 'drunken idiots' to the list of hazards.

Thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    There is one trail that kind of concerns me at night. Just about in the middle of Robinson there is a trail right a long the edge of the river high up on a ridge. In day light you can fall down if you're not paying attention at night that only gets worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think I know the trail you're talking about, the one that is East of the main entrance and is off-camber with quite a few roots - it ends up popping out under the power lines with a few roller coaster up and downs. It's funny you mention it, because I was riding there (during the day) a couple of weekends ago. I run studded tires but I was on that trail and it was sort of broken up snow. I ended up losing it and sliding off into a small tree on the downhill side. That's normally one of my favorite trails but that day in the snow I ended up hiking it more than riding it.

pepito
    Jun 2004
    if you'd like someone to ride with at night in robinson, PM me. i live but a few minutes away.

the_dude
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling" ~James E. Starrs