StartBiking!
    Jun 2006

Wendell State Forest : Friday

Anyone around this Friday around noon to ride Wendell State Forest? I am going to shoot over to Wendell on my way up to Kingdom Trails [yeah, Boston to Wendell to East Burke]. I would love a guide, since I have never been to Wendell. Let me know!
    -jk
    startbiking - get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Sinister,

If you can make it a little earlier, I can help you out (say 10ish??).

If Smelly is around, he'd also be an excellent guide (and probably better able to 'lead' you through the more challenging trails than I).

Harold, is matt available?

Liam

StartBiking!
    Jun 2006
    Unfortunately, looks like I won't be there until afternoon. Damn conflicts always getting in the way of fun. So since I won't be able to meet up with you, do you have any trail / route suggestions?
    -jk

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Neither Matt nor I will be free tomorrow. This loop 4 of us did back mid-summer hits the highlights.

Track (6-28-12 8-48-46AM) - trip | EveryTrail

There was a little re-looping since I forgot my shoes that day so the boys came back to pick me up after 45 minutes or so.
    Last edited by hado_pv; 09-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Sinister,

I am sorry I was not able to meet you later in the day...did anyone else step up to show you around Wendell? Did you ride it? If so I hope you found some of the trails (the park ma is iffy and the location of the biking trails and how to link them together can be a little elusive for first time visitors.

I rode there today (first time in a while), had a great ride--even with the two shots of rain, things were mostly dry (though the big wind storm on tuesday really dropped a lot of crap on the trails).

StartBiking!
    Jun 2006
    SuperbMan,
    No worries. I knew noon on a friday would be a hard time for people to get together. I did end up riding Wendell by myself. You aren't kidding when you say the trail flow can be elusive. Wow. All the maps I could find, from the park and from people who have ridden there, were horrid. I know I didn't hit the right trails, got lost, and cursed the trails I was on a few times. Amazing the parks service can put out such a shitty map. No trail names on the map, but trails are marked with names, what is up with that!?!?

Anyway, the trails definitely need a little love. They had a ton of debris on them, I have never had so many sticks in my chain / derailleur.

With all that said, I did manage to find my way to the Nipmunk trail and hit it south to north so it was one fun as hell DH run. That alone sold me on coming back to Wendell to explore some more.
    -jk