mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wendell SF Work Days-May 5 and 12

Well there is no shortage of trail-work opportunities for those so inclined this weekend in Massachusetts-but here's one more

Where: Wendell State Forest, Wendell, MA--We'll meet at the Park Headquarters on Montague Rd

When: 8:30am--bright and early! Saturday May 5 and Saturday May 12

What: Pioneer Valley Chapter of NEMBA is hosting this work day. We'll be Building a brand new (and very challenging-to build and ride!!) trail as well as performing basic trail clean-up through out the park. The May 12th work day will be in conjunction with a larger multi-group effort throughout the whole park

Bring a snack, water, work clothes and cutting tools if you got them. Also bring a bike-we won't work much past 1:00pm and there will be ample time to ride (and someone to show you around!).

Drop me a PM if you have any questions!
    Come on out!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The weather forecast looks stellar-so definately plan on riding if you cme--we're not trail work nazis out this way--always time to play on work days!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey, Is Superbman doing the Hustle? Is it the Funky Chicken?

Nope-He's doing the Bump!

mtbr member
    Hey Liam. Chaz here. I'll do my damndest to make it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey man, Good to hear from you...Been Riding?

How was last year's big trip?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    news flash-there will be a ride BEFORE the trail work day--going off at 5:30 am from the Park Headquarters. Yep. 5:30am.

mtbr member
    I can assure you I won't be attending the 5:30 ride, though I will be riding afterwards.
    The trip was incredible. I'll give ya full details this weekend. I've been riding tons, mostly at Batchelor St. I'd like to start riding in Wendell more, so next weekend will be a good opportunity to learn the trails there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey Chaz,

Actually the 5:30am ride and work day was the weekend (May 5) that just passed!

That's OK because there is another one this Saturday May 12th-which I'm happy to here you are attending! bring some buds if you can. There will be a number of groups working at wendell that day so it is important that you hook up with the mountain bike (NEMBA) group. The guy heading it on Saturday is MARK COURTEMANCHE-one of the triad of trail architects at Wendell--and the VP for the Franklin county portion of PV-NEMBA.

Same deal-work from 8:30am-12:30 ish-the rest of the day is yours. I'm looking for some ride leader volunteers to show newcomerts around. Spread the word my man!

mtbr member
    Ah. I was out of town last weekend.
    What tools do you need besides cutting tools? I can bring a couple rakes and shovels and a crowbar (so long as I get 'em back!). I don't know the trails there, but I'm always happy to lead a ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    A rock bar may have some uses-but honestly-work gloves and a folding saw will do most of what we need--that is, unless you have a pulaski or McCleod-because, there is a fair degree of benching to be done.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i should add this trail day goes off rain or shine.