mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wendell SF FUN RIDE POSTPONED! 'till sat nov 18th

Hey Everyone,

I hate letting the weatherman make my decisions for me but it seems all but certain that western, MA is going to get a cold soaking downpour of a day on Sunday--so, to be out in front of this I'm postponing the Wendell Forest Fun Ride until SATURDAY NOvember 18th-

All other details (see below thread) are the same-12:00pm start, 5 dollar suggested donation-etc., hope to still see some (all) of you there!

Liam

person
    I don't think it'll be a problem for my friends and I to go next week. Still looking forward to it!
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    sounds great. i love that place. the slapheadmofos took me on a tour once.

question: what time will will you be done with the trail markings. i have to start riding super early so i won't get to make the 12 start. thanks, steve

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Well, slapheadmofo himself was a significant force behind one of the trails...

So here it is--rain should be gone by tomorrow with a full day to dry out--it'll be november cool on Saturday--but dry!!! Trails have held up great--I'll be in the woods by 6:00am putting on some final touches et al--hope to see everyone out at Wendell around noon--Bevearges to follow at Local establishment!

Liam

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey,

In case anyone has wondered in spite of the recent rain-this Saturday's Ride at Wendell SF is ON-it's a go-let's ride!

See ya all there!

Liam

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    and finally..

Hey-Finally picked a place for the post-Wendell ride gathering--It will be the French King Restaurant (and Motel) on Rte 2 (the French King Highway) only about 5-10 minutes from the State Forest.

Nicer place than I realized-good lounge/ tavern area that they ar opening early just for us bikers (2:30-6ish). Normally they are closed 2-5 on Saturdays but I promised them that Bikers are hungry/ thirsty lot so please try to stick around after the ride and enjoy the burger and brew you'll so richly deserve.

I'll give out directions at the registration--and yes, this time I'll get my right and left straight!

Liam

person
    Ending up getting there kinda late so I couldn't ride many trails, but aside from the mud trails at wendell are nice. Definetly fine examples of East Cost singletrack, a bunch of nice natural drops and some good constructed obistcales. Looking to go back out again later this week after the trails recover a bit, probably after thanksgiving.

Dave
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch