mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Well Marked Trails

Hey, I'll be riding alone Saturday morning so i'm looking for some suggestions on places to ride. I just upgraded from a hardrock to a trek Mamba 29er.

I ride the fells regularly and Landlocked forest.

Other than those i'm not all that well versed on some other trails.

I was hoping I could get a suggestion or two on some other trails which are well enough marked to spend a few hours riding.

Harold looks like it could be a good one.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xtabx7; 07-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You can't get much better marked than Noanet Woodlands/Hale Reservation, although they are significantly tamer than the Orange Loop at the Fells. Very pretty area though. Take care of those trails though, they are managed by the Trustees of Reservations.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Went to Harold Parker last weekend and the horseflys are at a peak. I had a swarm around my head for 4 miles before cutting things short. I'd find somewhere else for the next few weeks.

mtbr member
    Borderlands State Park in Easton is very well marked. A few miles of tame roads around some ponds and maybe 8-10 miles of technical singletrack with some really well built trails and fun rock stuff. If you do go, definitely ride the NEMBA trail and the Ridge trail. Friends and Bobs Trail are must rides too.

Wompatuck is well marked too, as well as Trail of Tears on the Cape. I don't ride either very often but you couldn't go wrong with those either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    awesome thanks guys. Anyone doing a group ride on sat morning?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Go to Russell mills in Chelmsford, about 15 minutes further than landlocked. Well marked and an absolute blast to ride.