mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Weeping Willow Race

Has anyone seen a date for it? I could have sworn I saw it on EFTA's site but now there is nothing...nothing on bikereg.com either.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It was listed on there site as "tentatively" for May 13, and cited a conflict with another race.....but I see it is not on there anymore. Looks like they finalized the schedule?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We are holding our race on Saturday, May 11th this year because of a scheduling conflict.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Awesome! Saturday...right on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I agree, Saturday is good. This also may prevent me from doing something stupid like going to NY to race the Wildcat 100

Any 411 on signup etc for weeping willow?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The race is now listed on Bikereg.....registration opens on March 15th.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Saw that earlier today. Excellent

Reading a 2012 thread I see it sold out last year. Did it sell out in minutes or days ?

mtbr member
    Too bad this race is going to conflict with Wrath of the Boneyard (Root66) in Meriden, CT. Both really good races.

mtbr member

Weeping Willow Race

I've never ridden willow dale and a friend is urging me to race with him novice class 30-39. How is the terrain?
    The reason I ask is my GF rides a 29 hard tail and is very much a beginner but seems to think the three mile begineer race is right up her alley.I just don't want to encourage anything that will make her dislike mtbing or get her hurt. We live is south eastern mass and ride Massasoit a lot basically stay and smoother single track and the sandy rocky fire roads, she dislikes the bumpiness if the roots.
    Just looking for suggestions To see if its too technical for a woman beginner or would she have fun even if she finished last?
    Thanks

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksousa81 View Post
    I've never ridden willow dale and a friend is urging me to race with him novice class 30-39. How is the terrain?
    The reason I ask is my GF rides a 29 hard tail and is very much a beginner but seems to think the three mile begineer race is right up her alley.I just don't want to encourage anything that will make her dislike mtbing or get her hurt. We live is south eastern mass and ride Massasoit a lot basically stay and smoother single track and the sandy rocky fire roads, she dislikes the bumpiness if the roots.
    Just looking for suggestions To see if its too technical for a woman beginner or would she have fun even if she finished last?
    Thanks
    The terrain is mostly buffed out singletrack. There are a couple of spots with some rocks and roots but the majority of it is easy terrain. Perfect for beginners.