mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Weekly rides in the 413

Looking for rides in western ma for beginners. Colorado bike shop has one on sat morning but work gets in the way of that one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Where in the 413 are you looking to ride? The Berkshires, greater Spfld, Greeenfield area....etc?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro View Post
    Where in the 413 are you looking to ride? The Berkshires, greater Spfld, Greeenfield area....etc?
    I live in holyoke. I ride robinson state park, earls, and bachelor street. Just curious if there are any beginner rides. My wife is starting to ride and it would be great for her not to fall into my bad habits.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Sign on to the PV NEMBA Facebook page. There is a host of suitable rides up and down the Valley posted every week.
    Check it often or post up there as impromptu social rides form early and often. In addition:

1. Bikes Unlimited in Greenfield does a 'most' abilities ride on Wednesday evenings throughout the summer 9Rides generally focus on G-Field/ Deerfield with occasional forays to Wendell and Hawley).

2. PVNEMBA does a Monday night 'Social Ride', again, it's suitable for most abilities.

3. Comp Edge just posted up (on PVNEMBA) a weekly schedule for rides, mostly focused on Robinson and the Notch.

4. There is a number of PVNEMBA event rides coming up.

5. Check the website for Bicycle World as well in G-Field as they do (or did) a weekly ride as well.

6. There is a Weekly Thursday Evening Charlemont (CtS) ride. Not the easiest place for beginners, but it is an open ride and a great place to spend an evening.

Rudy Project Eyewear
    I live in Holyoke Rich and ride those same areas (plus Ashley, McClain, and the M&M). Rides go out of Competitive Edge on Wednesday evenings (they meet @ Robinson) and on Sunday (?) mornings (?) @ Bachelor. Call them up.

Also, we can hookup for a ride anytime. PM me.

Have fun,
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Rich. View Post
    I live in holyoke. I ride robinson state park, earls, and bachelor street. Just curious if there are any beginner rides. My wife is starting to ride and it would be great for her not to fall into my bad habits.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JFalcetti View Post
    I live in Holyoke Rich and ride those same areas (plus Ashley, McClain, and the M&M). Rides go out of Competitive Edge on Wednesday evenings (they meet @ Robinson) and on Sunday (?) mornings (?) @ Bachelor. Call them up.

Also, we can hookup for a ride anytime. PM me.

Have fun,
    Jonathan
    Jon!!!!!! You kNow who I am! We used to dirt jump at the track I built in Ashley resevior.