mtbr member
    Mar 2010

waltham riding behind jones road ?

saw the address of 201 jones road waltham for poss. trail that starts down by the parking garage. is this so ? or did i miss read. tried to go there tonight to scout out the entrance and did not find anything . does anyone know of this place.

mtbr member
    Yep I ride there almost everyday, But I come in from the Wayland side. It's the train tracks trail that takes you into Weston woods. It also goes into Wayland and Sudbury and their respective trail networks, which will take you into Lincoln as well.

To access the trail, just follow the trail under the power-lines. Be aware that there is an old truss bridge after a few hundred yards that is no longer in service that will need to be crossed, Kinda scary :P

Weston woods and it's trail network into Wayland and ultimately into Lincoln is a fun place to ride and a great place to explore. I've been riding it since 1995 and I'm not bored of it yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Metacomet
    Yep I ride there almost everyday, But I come in from the Wayland side. It's the train tracks trail that takes you into Weston woods. It also goes into Wayland and Sudbury and their respective trail networks, which will take you into Lincoln as well.

To access the trail, just follow the trail under the power-lines. Be aware that there is an old truss bridge after a few hundred yards that is no longer in service that will need to be crossed, Kinda scary :P

Weston woods and it's trail network into Wayland and ultimately into Lincoln is a fun place to ride and a great place to explore. I've been riding it since 1995 and I'm not bored of it yet.
    how do you get in from the wayland side , or do you know where the trail is from behind the jones rd. building could not see any place to enter last night . but was kind of dark and rainy , was all the way down back to the left of the parking garage by the dumpsters

mtbr member
    To get there from the wayland side, you can park at the wayland library and the trail is right there. Or you can go down Plain Road and park right at the tracks.

To get in from waltham, you go down jones road until you see the big overhead power lines. The trail follows west under the power lines.

If you look back a few threads, you can try to get into a group ride there, which I would suggest looking into, or at the very least bring a GPS. If you follow any of the dozens of trails off the train track trail, you will most likely get lost. Boudy posted a weston woods trail map in that thread as well, very helpful.

any organized rides near Waltham?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Metacomet
    To get there from the wayland side, you can park at the wayland library and the trail is right there. Or you can go down Plain Road and park right at the tracks.

To get in from waltham, you go down jones road until you see the big overhead power lines. The trail follows west under the power lines.

If you look back a few threads, you can try to get into a group ride there, which I would suggest looking into, or at the very least bring a GPS. If you follow any of the dozens of trails off the train track trail, you will most likely get lost. Boudy posted a weston woods trail map in that thread as well, very helpful.

any organized rides near Waltham?
    Thanks for the help will try them both , line in framingham so the wayland library is a little closer.

mtbr member
    I'm always looking to ride with people in the area:

http://www.nemba.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25649

Its also possible to park on Concord St near the track.

There are short trails on the other side of the track from the parking garage at 201 but they are pretty much just short hiking trails.
    2012 Banshee Prime
    2011 Salsa Mukluk

Wachusett NEMBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'll definitely be joining you one of theses days, hopefully next week, especially since most of the trails just lead to nothing. thanks again