Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    The snow is a little thick up there right now; I had success riding the lower stuff but not so much up top.

The trails at facing rock Ludlow are pretty clean right now and offer a little better riding, but hopefully with some warmer temperatures or snow shoers, things will improve.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    The snow is a little thick up there right now; I had success riding the lower stuff but not so much up top.

The trails at facing rock Ludlow are pretty clean right now and offer a little better riding, but hopefully with some warmer temperatures or snow shoers, things will improve.
    Thanks for the update, I can't wait to get back out there, one of my favorite rides all time! The temps look to be cooperating for now at least, who knows when the next vortex is coming though.

mtbr member
    Yea I remember that ride!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Have not ridden it since '96 but I used to ride the Robert Frost Trail from East Leverett Rd in Amherst (croses by a bridge that at the time had a cool rope swing under it.) to Amethyst Brook off of Pelham Rd. Combination of single/double and some dirt roads. Also got on the Metacomet/Monadnock Trail also but forgot the sections. There were a lot of old trails/abandoned roads to explore in that area.

There was some good riding behind a farm on N. East Street but my final year at UMass they placed "no trespassing" signs up. Most likely that area is still posted.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I like this thread title, so will use it to update conditions in this part of the state...

Rode Wendell last night, one of the best inaugural rides of the season up here ever. We hit a variety of trails from the top of Wickett Pond Escape to the bottom of Mormon Hollow. Riding really nicely, though I noticed we didn't blow leaves this past fall in many places... Lots of surprises under the thick leaf cover and a few places where the tread was tough to find.

Rode Charlemont over the weekend. Get out there!

Deerfield is in prime shape, been up there a couple of times and folks are all over the place with big smiles and dry bikes!

I haven't hit the southern stuff, but the kid has and reports heavy traffic and buff tread.

Any word from the Ashfield, Goshen, Hawley contingent on what those places look like?
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Has anyone ridden in "The Meadows" in Southampton? They're trails right near the library. I just walked them with my buddy and we are going to go clean them up this weekend. Sweet single track, but they need a lot of trimming and raking. There's a cable bridge that is washed out but could be fixed at some point with some work. Lemme know if we really should clean em out! Lots of downhill and beautiful swampy scenery!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy4413 View Post
    Has anyone ridden in "The Meadows" in Southampton? They're trails right near the library. I just walked them with my buddy and we are going to go clean them up this weekend. Sweet single track, but they need a lot of trimming and raking. There's a cable bridge that is washed out but could be fixed at some point with some work. Lemme know if we really should clean em out! Lots of downhill and beautiful swampy scenery!
    Who is the original trail builder and/or the owner of the land? If everything is in order with respect to permissions, NEMBA could be of assistance in cleaning up the trails.
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The Town owns the land. It's a nature reserve and Boy Scouts created the trails.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I live in the hilltowns and have been looking for someone that knows some good trails in hawley state forest. I would love to come ride them sometime. I know this post is old but let me know if you are interested.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I think the plan is to do a NEMBA Social Hawley Ride on Monday the 2nd at 6:00 PM from the east hawley fire house. If that doesn't work, I could meet pretty much any other evening between now and then. You might also try PV NEMBA's facebook group, others might be willing to do a weekend day...
    NEMBA Past President...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4