Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by olapiquena
    Wow, and no ones offered to take you and show you the trails they've built? I can't see why that would be the case.

Best of luck to you, but definitely keep this in mind, your anonymity here allows you be a jerk but the community you ride is not all that large. You've probably ridden with me, or we've said hello, or I've given you a tube on one of the trails that you've probably flatted on. We all ride the same trails.

I'm Jason. I ride a lot. See you out there. Or not.
    Who said no has ever showed me around? Lots of people have and they're awesome! And I usually ride prepared so, no, I'm sure you've never given me a tube. Aren't you the same idiot who called me and my brother inbreds? And claimed we were chasing you around and trying to beat you up? During this whole excange I've tried to take the high road, but people like you keep trying to drag me down. Nice try but you failed once again. Oh, by the way, my name's Craig.....Craig Neal to be exact. I live in Hatfield. Where do you live? I'd love to know!

achiever
    Quote Originally Posted by olapiquena
    Two, half-crazed, inbred brothers from Hatfield chasing me around, trying to beat me up, all because they didn't like it that they couldn't drive nails into their desk using their heads.
    Wait, isn't there a movie about this? Or maybe it was a nightmare I had... ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey all! New to MTBing. Wondering if anyone can give me any details on the trails off of Bridle Path Rd in Ludlow? It's close by since I live a few miles from it and I'm looking for another trail in town. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Welcome, Ross! I'm very familiar with those trails and would be more than welcome to show you around. The trails tend to be a little rocky in places, but there is also some great single track stretches and technical stream crossings and climbs, but they are great beginner trails and you can easily modify the length of ride depending on fitness and ability. We usually ride there every weekend and you are welcome to join us anytime. So are you new to Ludlow? PM me your details and we can work something out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermullet View Post
    Welcome, Ross! I'm very familiar with those trails and would be more than welcome to show you around. The trails tend to be a little rocky in places, but there is also some great single track stretches and technical stream crossings and climbs, but they are great beginner trails and you can easily modify the length of ride depending on fitness and ability. We usually ride there every weekend and you are welcome to join us anytime. So are you new to Ludlow? PM me your details and we can work something out.
    I've lived here all of my life. Took to some trails I normally run in today, through the power lines behind the tennis center, fish and game and high school sports complex.

edit: apparently I'm so new that I can't send PMs yet lol

mtbr member
    You have merely scratched the surface, my friend. Extensive trails back there (and we're finding more lately!). Let's connect for a ride. There is a pretty healthy crew that accesses these trails with a wide variety of background and skills. No one is ever left behind, pace will based on the riders, low key, fun rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermullet View Post
    You have merely scratched the surface, my friend. Extensive trails back there (and we're finding more lately!). Let's connect for a ride. There is a pretty healthy crew that accesses these trails with a wide variety of background and skills. No one is ever left behind, pace will based on the riders, low key, fun rides.
    That sounds awesome, I probably couldn't get out this weekend but definitely soon. I don't wanna get stuck knowing just one trail area ha

mtbr member
    Just got back from a Ludlow night ride!! Gorgeous weather and even performed a little trail maint!!!
    YOUR IN NEXT TIME GINGER! woooot
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm thinking of heading over to Bridle Rd and check out some of the trails this afternoon, and there a lot of steep climbs back there? If I assume correct, at some point East it connects with the Springfield Reservoir right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross sez View Post
    I'm thinking of heading over to Bridle Rd and check out some of the trails this afternoon, and there a lot of steep climbs back there? If I assume correct, at some point East it connects with the Springfield Reservoir right?
    You would be correct. Let me send you on an easy loop:

when you enter you will see 2 ways to go. Stay to the right, you will then have a short climb up to a fork. Take a left. This will then climb up to another fork. Take that left (if you go right you will be on the powerline). You will then have a short climb before a nice descent down to an area that has a tree stand. You should see a trail to the left of it. Follow that and it will bring you back to Bridle. This is a short loop, won't take long.

Another quick run, one I do when pushed for time is this:

Enter the same way but instead of taking that 2nd left, stay right and you will come out on the first powerline. Take a right onto it and follow it all the way back down to Bridle (nice fast run). Right when you get to the road you will see a rocky trail that veers right and goes up. Take that. At one part there is a slight fork that you need to stay to the left. Follow that and it will take you to a short, steep drop that you go right after. Follow that to your first right and then climb back up to where you will see the tree stand. Take your pick of the steep climb straight ahead (good challenge) after which just take rights to exit the trails back to Bridle, or the easier path to the right where it takes you to Bridle

What time are you going? I'm also planning on going tomorrow am around 9 if you want to join me? I can take you on a tour of all the main trails to get you started. Might be a little wet, but the Bridle trails are fun in the rain!

But if you want steep climbs today I can send you on one to the Bungalow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'll try those out today, might head there around 3 or so.

mtbr member
    Nice. Three is too early for me but let me know how you got on.

I'll be heading further out tomorrow at 9am with a couple of guys to explore some trails if you want to join us? You're more than welcome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'll let ya know how it goes, not sure if I can do 9am tomorrow. But if I can make it I'll shoot you a PM (i'm above 10 posts now lol) and let ya know.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I will be there at 3 today! If I see you we can cruise man!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    I will be there at 3 today! If I see you we can cruise man!
    Decided not to go today, too much rain for a n00b lol

Good news, bikesdirect is sending me a new rear caliper to replace my current one since the bolts got stripped when I tried adjusting it the other day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross sez View Post
    Decided not to go today, too much rain for a n00b lol

Good news, bikesdirect is sending me a new rear caliper to replace my current one since the bolts got stripped when I tried adjusting it the other day.
    You missed a great ride! The game I was to coach got canceled so me and a buddy hit the trails for bit. Got soaked, but the trails there are a blast in the rain.

Tomorrow at 9am if you can make it. Don't worry, low key, group pace ride. Should be fun!

mtbr member
    Here is our ride from today:

Sports Tracker

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Explored the trails off of Bridle Rd. yesterday. Had a busy weekend and got called into work Saturday morning, sorry I couldn't make it!

Got stuck doing A LOT of climbing especially when I took a left coming from the trail head and had to reroute when there was a ton of water blocking the path. It was fun, but my legs are fried from it. Had to walk the bike up a couple of climbs, but fun nonetheless. Too bad there wasn't a lift to take me up to the top of the hills so I could just ride down and never up lol

mtbr member
    Sounds good but we need to keep you on that saddle!!! Meet up and we will show you the good stuff....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ross and Paul:
    I'd love to join. Shoot me a PM
    -Drew

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Where is B-Street? that looks sick!!

mtbr member
    B street is in Granby MA . There is parking on Bachelor street (towards Amherst St)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    B street is in South Hadley

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    B street is in Granby MA . There is parking on Bachelor street (towards Amherst St)
    Is it rideable these days??

mtbr member

wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Harryonaspot View Post
    B street is in South Hadley
    I love how there is always a douche comment in these forums trying to correct everything, but in this case my friend, you are WRONG. Granby MA it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast