Thread: VIETNAM Trails

GreeneDog

VIETNAM Trails

I have not been to Vietnam in like 10 years. OK, I'm old. But young enough to know that Vietnam has some of the sickest trails around. I was driving by today and had some extra time so I stop and walked in to take a look. The freeride area is insane. I want to hook up with a ride to learn my way around. I ride on Sundays......
    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert EVO
    2012 Specialized Status 2
    2007 Specialized SX
    2007 Specialized P1 Cromo

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    That place has it all. The parking lot behind Wendy's is the place to meet up.
    Sunday at 9:00 is regular ride time from what I've heard.
    Give Milford Bike a call or stop by to find out about others.
    I want to learn those trails too but haven't made too much progress yet....

Just ride.
    Mar 2007
    I've yet to ride there. My usual riding partner and I hit Borderland & Foxboro on a regular basis. Occasional rides out to Blue Hills, latest kick has been Douglas State Forest.

Would be interested in meeting a group up at Vietnam.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    A friend and I are going to be there tomorrow morning. Hoping to be there around 9am. We will be doing a rather easy paced ride as I am coming back from hyperextending my elbow. We most likely will ride the old loop but are open to doing to something else. We will be in a Silver dodge.

Jamie

GreeneDog
    Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the heads up. I wont be up for the challenge this week. I just came off some surgery and dont see myself playing on the Vietnam trails yet. Couple of weeks and I will be down. I will let know know.

Thanks again.

Josh
    2007 Specialized SX

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Well, I hear on not coming back so quickly. The ride today was good however I came back from my elbow injury too soon. I did not let it heal long enough and aggravated it. I think I am going to take a couple weeks off and just road ride, boring I know but I need to heal up so I can be in shape for Pedros.

GreeneDog
    Quote Originally Posted by skiierx
    Well, I hear on not coming back so quickly. The ride today was good however I came back from my elbow injury too soon. I did not let it heal long enough and aggravated it. I think I am going to take a couple weeks off and just road ride, boring I know but I need to heal up so I can be in shape for Pedros.
    You going to PedroFest? I planning on going, this would be my first year.
    2007 Specialized SX

mtbr member

Good job!

A group of 4 of us just rode Vietnam last Sunday. It was my first time there and I was very impressed with the trails and especially the freeride area. I'm a little too old to be hitting some of those jumps but they sure looked fun.

We watched some freeriders for a few minutes then found some single track where the power lines were on our left for the most part. A good time was had by all.

Good job NEMBA.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    How old is a little too old to be hitting some of those jumps?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro06
    How old is a little too old to be hitting some of those jumps?
    40 yrs old. Maybe I should say that I'm a little too scared to hit some of those BIGGER jumps. My frame probably wouldn't survive. Neither would my bike...!

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    you're never to old until you you decide. I remember a picture in MBA of some guy who was supposed to be in his 60s hitting stuff at Whistler and on the North Shore. I hope I'm still riding at that age if i get there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Im old too :)

I'm 48, and just now getting a start with mtn biking. I've ridden road for a while however.

The guys as Milford were quite helpful, and I may end up buying a Specialized from them. Thinking of just spending the money and getting a Stumpjumper Expert and being satisfied for a while.

The Natick Landry's organizes some group rides, and hits Vietnam every other week. So I'll be around to try this out with some locals pretty soon. I just gotta buy a bike first!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    48 is DEFINITELY NOT TO OLD!.
    The jumps at Vietnam are nicely setup. Smooth in, smooth out. Just start small and you'll be hitting the big stuff in no time.
    Also the guys at Milford are really great, highly recommended, I've purchased all of my bikes from them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by airtym
    You going to PedroFest? I planning on going, this would be my first year.
    I am still planning on going but my unfortunate injury was worse than I anticipated. I am still off the bike and letting the body heal up. The back got a little aggravated as well recently, so I am taking my time getting back in the saddle. Hopefully my stamina does not go to crap.

mtbr member
    GET THE STUMPJUMPER!!

i got the same bike last spring... IT IS SICK. Can even handle most the free ride stuff at vietnam. Wouldnt do any drops over 4ft though. broke my chainstay couple weeks ago after doin some 6footers. BIKE IS SICK. I've been racin xc for while. just startin to get into dh. Bike even handled the DH course at bolton valley this passed fall. Also an amazing climber. Its mad light and the rear suspension has the four pivot system. In my opinion, i would say that the rear suspension HELPS with climbs. Either way, it is a SICK bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Me and some of my friends usually ride about 3 or 4 times a week, most of the time on Sundays. Milford Bike Shop does do a weekly ride, give them a call and they will give you information on how to hook up with them. I believe most of the time they start their ride at 1 o'clock.