mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Vietnam Map STOLEN

Sometime between Tuesday 6/12 and Thursday 6/14 the kiosk at the base of the jumpline was broken into and the map of the trails was stolen. The lock was taken too so we donít know if it was picked or drilled out or whatever but there appears to be no other damage to the kiosk.

We, the VLMC, debated even putting up the kiosk for fear of vandalism but we felt the risk was worth the reward of spreading our message and letting people who ride the trails know who we are and what weíre doing. So far, itís been well received and the map that Splat created was the icing on the cake. So many people have been asking for a map I guess someone wanted one of their own really badly. The map is currently available online at http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/M...mNAME_copy.jpg and we are working to (hopefully) provide copies at the kiosk in the future.

I know a lot of you ride Nam regularly so if you see anything suspicious or unusual while riding please let us know. We can be reached at the email address below and Iíd like to make my cell # available to anyone who wants to program it into their phone and call me personally if you see anything bizarre happening out there while youíre riding.

nemba-vlmc@googlegroups.com

Thanks

The VLMC

Mike (Cell 617 775-6105)

Here's the kiosk, pre-map...

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    that sucks! I rode there for the first time last month and came away very impressed with the trail system you guys have developed. I hope the idiots who did that read this and realize how stupid it was. Keep up the good work, I'll be back for more ......Hopefully soon.

Mark

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Some people can be real *****. I ride there like 2 to 3 times a week and if i see anything suspicious i'll be sure to let you guys know

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I missed the map today

First time Vietnam rider today...had lots of fun, but I got 'lost' many times and ended up back at the kiosk 3 times, and could have used the map each time. Would be great if there were maps available at the kiosk. Does the map on the link print out on 8 X 11'?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GNR
    First time Vietnam rider today...had lots of fun, but I got 'lost' many times and ended up back at the kiosk 3 times, and could have used the map each time. Would be great if there were maps available at the kiosk. Does the map on the link print out on 8 X 11'?
    No kidding. Put a new map up maybe?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    That map is awesome. I would love to see a topo version of that (maybe broken down into 4 parts?) so that it can printed out very easily on a computer. Incredible work on that map though!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I put a new Map up Tuesday , I hope it is still there

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlyon
    That map is awesome. I would love to see a topo version of that (maybe broken down into 4 parts?) so that it can printed out very easily on a computer. Incredible work on that map though!
    Thank you I put a lot of work into making that map. Unfortunatly the topo version is not very good , There are too many other confusing lines that just make it more confussing and difficult to follow trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The map is great! I had the pleasure of riding there for the first time last week after the map had been stolen and was thinking that it would be nice to have a map...

Thanks for the effort and replacing the map. It will be helpful for future rides. How are you able to print the map full size? Would love to have one.... Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    To print it full size you need professional equipment. it print on a an "E" sheet it printsout at 36 X 22 the current copy in the kiosk is printed on a "B" sheet ( 11x17 ) go much smaller and it get to be unreadable.
    I'm Better known as Splat

I have access to a kodak poster printer. PM me if you need a copy of the map printed out.

Clarification: The offer to print the map was to replace the one stolen from the kiosk. If you want a map for your wall try kinkos or copy cop.