Thread: vietnam

mtbr member

vietnam

i havent been up there since last fall and am planning to ride tomorrow, is everything all dried out ? i just don't want to show up there and come in to a soggy mess, so how's it looking
    live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG

mtbr member
    It is looking very good. There is a group riding tomorrow morning @ 9am. Meet behind Wendy's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yup 9 am behind wendy's it is posted over on nemba
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Circusjunk: Any chance of getting some signage done in Nam this year? I still get lost there after a half a dozen rides.

Giggitty giggitty!!
    I still get lost there with a MAP of the place and 30 rides under my belt... I think riding Nam and NOT knowing where you're going is just part of the adventure

mtbr member
    I think they are trying to get something arranged. If I had to guess its not as easy as just going out and nailing signs with arrows to the trees since NEMBA only owns like 50 acres. I would imagine that they have to work out approvals with the appropriate land managers for all the abutting parcels. Thats just a guess though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnlyon
    Circusjunk: Any chance of getting some signage done in Nam this year? I still get lost there after a half a dozen rides.
    sure , come on out become out sign maker. we need help.

It is on the long list of things we want to do , it is not as easy as it sounds , and it takes Lots of time. and It is one of the things I really want to do, but running into road blocks , and strangeland2 is correct about the other land owners , including those who DON'T like us riding on there property, and will Never agree.

A couple of things come to mind , and don't take this as condescending ,( it may sound that way but think about it,its not )
    what do you want then to say ?
    how many should there be ? ( we don't want to over due it. )
    who is going to Pay for them ?
    etc , etc , etc
    I'm Better known as Splat