Thread: vietnam

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

vietnam

My friends are thinking about taking a road trip to Vietnam(from Connecticut) and I was wondering if it's still a good place ro ride these days?
    Also can someone give me directions ?
    One more question if you were gonna take a trip to Mass to do some freeriding is there a better place to go than Vietnam?
    thanks guys...

mtbr member

Two things...

A. I've never been to Viet Nam but some friends and I are thinking of taking a trip down there soon. Maybe we could hook up for a big clueless group ride, or find a cool person to show us around.
    B. Lynn Woods is just north of Boston and is super rocky. There are a lot of places to go HUGE if you want, or get some very technical flowy singletrack that lets you throw down the 2- 4 footers, or bigger, without having to stop and search too much. We ride there all the time and I'd be glad to help you out with directions and/or taking you out there.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I ride at Vietnam about once every week and I love the place. It would definatly be a worth a drive up there to check it out. The trails are really fun and have some pretty good technical features but the best hucking is just off the beaten paths. The first few times I rode there I didnt even notice some of the drops and stuff, but if u just stop for a second and look around in the woods you will usually be able to find something to huck yourself off of. There are plenty of 4-8 ft drops spread around that I've hit and I've seen drops as big as 15-20 feet (havent gone quite that big myself tho).

As far as directions go:

take exit 20 off of 495 and park in the Lowes hardware parking lot (you should be able to see the sign from the off ramp). ride out of the lowes parking lot and turn right. Be careful crossing the on ramps to 495 cuz people usually arent expecting to see a biker cut them off. About 1/4 mile from lowes you will cross some high tension power lines and see a cell phone tower on your right. There will be a gravel access road to the tower on your right. Follow the access road until you reach the trail going into woods. The trail starts off with a pretty good climb. At the top of the climb the trail flatens out. You can either go left for more xc type trails or go right and cross the power lines and re-enter the woods on the other side for some more technical trail riding. Both directions offer great hucking just off of the trails.

Anyways, Vietnam is a great place to ride and I hope you guys have a good time exploring.

Authority is dead!
    real deal bikers go lynn woods. Be sure to hook up with a local who know shis way around.
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]