mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Urban MTB Ride! Boston/Cambridge

A couple slots left!

Anyone interested (or know someone who might be - pass it on) in a fun urban MTB ride around the Charles River Basin?

This coming Friday... sign up now! A few spaces remain, but registration closes next Wednesday...

This ride is 80% on dirt with real singletrack - believe it or not! We'll do between 12-15 miles at a heat appropriate pace all along the waterfront with a few stops for socializing and skills practice. Novices welcome - will be a reasonably gentle introduction to Mountain Biking. Meets at the T Station in Harvard Square (next to Out of Town News) at 6pm sharp. Advance registration required.

Apres-ride apps (free) and beverages at John Harvards Brew Pub. Should be great fun!

http://bcae.org/index.cfm?method=Cla...t_catalog_id=0

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    where is the single track? I live on mission hill and I ride all over boston but usually end up going up to Harold Parker to ride with a few friends since it seems that boston is short on terrain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

ride cancelled

not enough enrollment.

the singletrack is all around the charles river basin - usually between the paved path and the embankment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    oh yeah, i thought you found some hilly, rocky wooded areas. Do you know if its legal to jump stairs at government center?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleb86
    oh yeah, i thought you found some hilly, rocky wooded areas. Do you know if its legal to jump stairs at government center?
    I used to sell crack their so I'm guessing jumping off a few steps is not THAT big of a deal.....Just saying...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit2005
    I used to sell crack their so I'm guessing jumping off a few steps is not THAT big of a deal.....Just saying...

HAHA!!! I guess thats a good point. I figured that if the cops weren't chasing people away that there would be a bunch of BMX riders there all the time. I guess I'll have to find out for myself one of these nights.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    as soon as the new bike is paid off im in for an "agressive city ride". i miss jumping off the stairs at GC and the colleges. I have a couple nice spots at northeastern where we can play too and not get kicked out, at least not too quickly.

...skeeter...
    "I'd rather go through life fat, happy, and poor...then slim, pissed off, and rich"

-2009 moto 3 carbon-

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    sounds good. Let me know when and I'm down. I'm not that good yet but getting there. I like doing stairs because it builds up my confidence for doing drops in the woods.