mtbr member
    Jul 2013

TWO BIKES STOLEN at Bradbury Mountain State Park, Maine...with a Mass connection!

Hello,

My name is Holly Blanchard and I live in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. This past weekend, after a fun-filled VMBAfest at Ascutney, I traveled to Maine to ride at Bradbury Mountain. My BIKES (yes, plural) were stolen from our campsite. The thief was so determined to steal them that he cut through a Kryptonite lock in broad daylight in a public place.

Stolen were: 2013 STUMPJUMPER FSR COMP EVO 29er
    2011 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX COMP COMPACT SAXO BANK EDITION

I've created a Facebook page and am hoping to spread the word among the greater New England biking community in hopes of recovering my bikes. One of my bikes has already appeared for sale on Craigslist in Massachusetts (unbelievable, I know) - and we tried to track down the thief, but have been unsuccessful.

Please visit the page, share it, and keep your eyes open for these bikes. They are my pride and joy!!

Thank you!!!

-Holly

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...70753666439760
    Last edited by HollyB; 07-18-2013 at 10:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Where in MA did the bike show up on craigslist?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    They were listed as for sale in Haverhill...but the dude tried to sell them to me in Manchester, NH. He is on the move.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    POTENTIAL PERSON OF INTEREST: When we were at Bradbury, there was a guy driving a silver Prius with Colorado plates loaded to the hilt who was camping solo directly across from our campsite. He had a Wave Sport EZ kayak and a Turner Flux mountain bike mounted on the trunk. We have been contacted by people who spoke with him at the campground on Sunday (the day the bikes were stolen) and suspect him. He may have been headed to New Hampshire (where the thief tried to sell me my bike back) or the Kingdom Trails in Vermont.

If the car is spotted and the bikes are present please call the cops. We don't know if the person is the thief so please don't overreact. He may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and attracted unwarranted suspicion. Just something to keep your eyes open for.

Thanks again!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good luck finding your bikes. I'll keep an eye on the Craigslist here in Boston. If you need anybody to "claim" your bikes around here, my neighbor is a Marine who can very convincing.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Awesome, thank you. At this point it would be practically impossible for this person to try to sell them on CL without us noticing - we have alerts set up nationwide for "Stumpjumper," "Roubaix," and a million variations. Ebay too.

Quote Originally Posted by VTSession View Post
    Good luck finding your bikes. I'll keep an eye on the Craigslist here in Boston. If you need anybody to "claim" your bikes around here, my neighbor is a Marine who can very convincing.

mtbr member
    Awful. Holly - you may want to set up alerts based on the parts as well in case the thief tries to part it out. Good luck!