mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Troutbrook Saturday

anybody interested riding troutbrook saturday 3/28 at around noon for about a hour or so to get a quick ride in....its the first ride of the year and I am easing into it...I dont know my way around here so hopefully there is a tour guide out there .

mtbr member
    If you re referring to Troutbrook Res in Holden its a really small place that is pretty well marked. I believe its white and red trails are the easiest to follow and also the easiest terrain. I believe the blue trail is a bit longer and the people I rode it with thought it was harder than red and white. Also seem to remember a few spots on blue that arent marked as well. but like i said the place is small so no worries about getting a little side tracked. Also if you feel the need to add a little to the ride you can ride over to the rail trail from troutbrook. The rail trail is super easy but its good scenery.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I am prob going to go today around 5 for a nice muddy ride if anyone is intresetd in doing a lap or 2 let me know. conditions will prob suck but thats what mountain biking is all about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I wish I saw this earlier today, I would have loved to go, I went yesterday and tried to make my way around but it all seemed like a big steep rail trail. I found a nice sweeping downhill run, but it just dumped me out onto the street...and yes it was muddy...I figure I'll try again next week and roam around on some stuff I thought were trails...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    if you want i will go next week with you. let me see what is going on if sat or sun would be better. the trails were ok but all the debri form te storm blocks many parts of teh trail. still ridable but just have to dismount alot. let me know

mtbr member
    Enchalata its sounds like you parked in the wrong lot. I would assume if you were on the rail trails you parked here.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...77018633540411

The actual troutbrook lot is a few yards down the road.

Should be here.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...59.997253&z=19

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yeah, neither of those lots looks familiar, but I will try the second link this weekend..Stevo328, I may be game for Sunday if you want to head out for a few laps kill and hour or two.

mtbr member
    Maybe this lot?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...54658385093226

Either way that second link in the other thread should be where you re looking for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yup...thats the one...and thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    and those google maps are scary...just plain scary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by enchalata
    yup...thats the one...and thanks for the help
    That street that the rail trail dumped you on to is a few hundred yards from the trout brook parking lot. That is actually the rail trail I was suggesting if you wanted to add some easy few miles after the troutbrook ride. You were really close.

If you go back to the original google links the very first one where I assumed you were in the wrong lot should be where you came out while riding the rail trail. Just spin the map around.