mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Smile Trek/PV-NEMBA Northfield Trail, Pizza and Ride Day - Sunday, April 18th (9am)

The Northfield Trails are intersecting loops of varying difficulty encompassing the mountain between the Grandin Reservoir and School St behind the old Northfield campus. The trails are mostly smooth and flow nicely but offer challenging climbs and fun downhills. There is also access to some great powerline trails, fire roads and doubletrack.

The Northfield trails used to be beautifully cared for but since the Northfield campus closed they have been a little neglected. Join us on Sunday, April 18th, to bring them back to live! We'll be raking some trails, rerouting a section of the yellow trail and hopefully rebuilding a bridge that desperately needs it.

This Trail day is part of the TREK/NEMBA Trail Care Series - anyone who comes and helps out gets automatically entered into a drawing for a Trek mountain bike!

We're starting at 9am behind Hillside dorm on Winchester Road in Northfield (email me for directions). We'll split up into groups, tackle some projects and clean the trails and meet again for lunch. And for those that stil have some energy in the afternoon, there will be a ride on the freshly groomed trails to admire our handiwork!

PIZZA - After the work is done, there will be pizza! - PIZZA

Bring your bike if you want to come out for a ride after!! These trails really are a lot of fun!

Please let me know if you're interested in coming so we know how much pizza to get. My email is knoepfchen7@yahoo.com

Stef
    Last edited by Knoepfchen7; 04-05-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Missing info