mtbr member

Trails within 30min of downtown Boston?

Any single track with ups and downs, etc.?

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    There are a ton of places, Lynn Woods is the best 15 minutes north of Boston. Check out bustedspoke.com and NEMBA.org. for more trail maps and directions

mtbr member
    Thx. There were a lot of trails listed on the NEMBA site, but it didn't put them on one map so I could pick by proximity - didn't want to click into every one to locate them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    fells reservation....xc on actual bike loop
    blue hills...xc
    lynn woods...very tech/freeride oriented

Speedhubbing at last

Harold Parket State Forest in Andover

This place is LARGE and has more rideable, legal singletrack than you'll find elsewhere so close to Boston. It's more XC oriented than most of Lynn woods, but there are some nice rock gardens and trickly climbs that make things challenging.
    I've ridden 25+ mile XC epics there with friends and the limitation was our own endurance and potable water.

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    Any single track with ups and downs, etc.?
    Marla -- the big tourist. The faker. With her there, I was a faker too. Her lie reflected my lie. And all of a sudden, I felt nothing. With her there, I couldn't cry. All I could do was ride.

MC MasterShake
    I didn't realize HP was that big. Every time I've gone I end up doing the same loops twice. Are there any maps for HP?

MBN
    mtbr member
    There are some maps at the Ranger's Station, but they are general, and dont include a lot of the bike paths. Still better than nothing. Bet you can find it online. I just started riding HP 2 weeks ago. I actually live in the town that its in, but I am a big Lynn Woods fan. Anyway, go to the corner of Jenkins Road and Harold Parker road. You will find the Jenkins parking lot. Its the most popular trail head. Easy to find riders to hook up with. Look for the Yellow Diamond trail to the Terry Trail. Pretty fun stuff. Here are some pictures from bustedspoke.com

http://bustedspoke.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=27153

Good Luck.......its a fun place. Not too difficult however.

M.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Check at www.nsnemba.org in the trail description for HP. There is a topo map there, also some older ones that you can download at the DCR site beyond the cartoon map that they hand out at HQs. The fall funride is a great way to learn the place - last Sunday in October. http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...ure/Events.htm

mtbr member

Just a tad bit further...

I'm about 40 minutes south of Boston. Two great places to ride around here are Borderland in Easton and FH Gilbert in Foxboro.