mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Trails at Nickerson - question...

Just spent 4 nights camping at Nickerson with the family and some friends. Got a 2 hr ride in at Trail of Tears (wicked fun). Also tried the Trails at Nickerson and found some real good sections around Cliff Pond on its south and east side, but couldn't really find a loop. Does anyone have a map or ride guide for patching all the good stuff together at Nickerson?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    show up for the tues or wed group ride for a great sampling of what the park has to offer. nicest, most diverse and beautiful riding on the cape. 20 mile mostly all singletrack loops are possible. no detailed maps or guides as the riding in nickerson (the singletracks anyway) is not really legal, especially during the busy summer months.

rog

mtbr member
    not sure how accurate this is, found on bikerag. I will be in Brewster in September and hope to ride here.

Lets RIDE!
    The trails marked "bicycle trail" on that map are asphalt paved 6 - 8' wide paths.....i.e. sidewalks through the woods. Like Rog said, the group rides are a good way to find the goods. I believe there are Sun. 9am and Weds. 5pm rides that leave the Rail Trail bike rental parking lot (see map above).....but that info may not be current. Maybe a local can chime in with a ride schedule?

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.