mtbr member
    Apr 2006

trails around Marlborough / Boston?

Hey guys, I will be in the Marlborough area over memorial day weekend with my wife.
    She is a beginner MTB and I want to show her how fun trail riding can be. What are some trails I should hit up? We will probably have a full day to devote to riding.
    Since she's a beginner, I'm not looking for very technical trails, more scenic and fun.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Calahan. the frammingham side ( Marlboro side is a little more techy )

also the Talbot Trail and around lack Chauncy in Northboro/Westboro are nice.
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member

Mt Pisgah

I am guessing that the closest trail riding to Marlborough is at Mt Pisgah in Northborough. I have ridden there only once, but thought it was a fun spot that a beginner could definately enjoy. (make sure you take mosquito spray with you)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    the other question is where are you in Marlboro ?

I forget the name of the new trail mostly in Northboro, but the one end point is right across the street from the treatment Plant on Boundry street.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i'm not exactly sure where i'm staying but it's at one of the Extended Stay hotels around that area (could be in Northborough or Westborough?). Is that trail on Boundary Street easy to find? How's the riding there? Is there a place to park near there or is there a better entrance to the trails in Northborough?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Here

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4&ie=UTF8&z=16

you can park at either end . also just down 20 on the left abpout 200 yards is another trail head where the tail continues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    here isthe map I was trying to illistrate above

http://www.northboroughtrails.org/MAPS/Coyote.pdf

here is the one for 200 yards farther down rt 20

http://www.northboroughtrails.org/MAPS/ARHS.pdf

and here are some fun ones over on the northboro westboro line

http://www.northboroughtrails.org/MAPS/Cedar_Hill.pdf

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Wow, thanks! I really appreciate your help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Do not take her to pisgah! Very technical riding with tons of climbing, she will hate it and you'll have an uphill battle if you want her to continue riding. Take her to boundry st its just off rt 20. Follow boundry st to the end where the road is closed do to construction. Park in the dirt lot on the left. Ride over to the yellick property and check out the assabet. River, very cool spot could actuality be romantic. You could also cross rt 20 and ride the algonquin trail. These trails are very good for a beginner. There maybe a couple spots she may walk but its 99% rideable for a beginner. If you go on the links to northborough circusjunk posted and print this maps you cannot get lost. All those trails are out and backs. Enjoy! Let me know how you make out, I'm partly responsible for those trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thank you guys for the info! we had a blast on the trails. we parked where PITA suggested and rode the coyote trail. we crossed rt. 20 but couldn't find the trail head to the algonquin trail... so we went back and continued on the coyote trail (birdsong trail?) where it got very very rocky... there were some big rocks there, too much for my wife to handle so we just backtracked to our car. it was great ride. my wife enjoyed it very much. thank you all once again. next time we're in the area, we'll try to find the algonquin and try that one too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sorry, computer has been down......Glad you had a good time. Not sure what we can do as far as improving signage for the entrance to Algonquin trail but we will look at it. I understand how someone not familiar with the area could miss it. Anyway, post up if your going back there and I can help with some better directions.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have ridden the Coyote trail a few times in the past weeks. I have really liked it. Starting at Boundry hitting the AHS fields then turning back. I saw a sign for Birdsong Trail. Anyone know how that is?

Also any recomendations for similair trails in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmythinghd
    Also any recomendations for similair trails in the area would be appreciated.
    see my links above

gbnemba.org
    Thx Splat (John G Splat I presume) I'll have to make the trek over from Framingham sometime

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Circusjunk
    see my links above
    Circusjunk, thanks for those links. Maybe you can direct me a bit more.

Is that 2nd link called the Stirrup Trail?

My recent rides have been starting at Boundry, crossing rte 20, taking that (stirrup)basically to the AHS fields then going left hugging the AHS parking lot for awhile and ending up on Bartlet street.

What is the "birdsong" trail all about? I think I see that before I cross rte 20 from boundry street.

TIA
    HD