mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Trail Recommendations in the Berkshires?

I will be visiting friends in the Berkshires and would like to hit some trails. Can anyone recommend good technical single track trails in the area? How about good flowing single track trails?

Tim.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Before you come ,post on norulesmountainbikeclub.com.

Someone,like myself,will show you around . Most of the good trails arent to be found without a guide. Harry

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the reply. I will contact you over Memorial day weekend.

I can't find the site you mentioned. I tried www.norulesmountainbike.com and also did a search on google.

Tim.

life is a barrel o'fun
    Bump. We did a last-minute vacation weekend trip up to the Berkshires, and asked at the bike shops about good trails. Ended up at Balance Rock, and lo and behold- locals! Thanks Elton, Suzy and "Sweep" (and the Bostonian in the green jersey) for helping us get our bearings.

The trails we did were mostly offshoots of ATV trails: Six Mile Trail, Silver Street, Pleasant Valley.......some lovely little stunty things along the way. We weren't far from Jiminy Peak.

Anyway, for throwing a dart on the map and following it, not bad at all. Kudos to those of you who build and maintain those trails, most excellent work! We will be back, so other recommendations are welcome.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

no rules is a yahoo sports group .

try them there. H

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Veda Trail?

How technical is the Veda trail?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Its more challenging than technical

But I guess it depends on what you normally ride

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Thanks Harry...

I posted this on norules as well...
    I normally ride Portuguese Roll & Olivia's with Portuguese being my favorite. Broken Thumb/Pudgies are too technical for me - I can ride them but I don't really enjoy them - I prefer more flow and less logs and major rocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    It's way easier than the fire tower climb it replaced (If I'm thinking of the right trail, that is)!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

you wont like Veda . There are sections with great flow,interspersed with rocks and

choppy sections .Try going into Kennedy Park to extend your ride. H

Nervous Descender
    Just rode the Veda Trail today- very fun and challenging in a few spots. I had no idea it was there until a friend mentioned it yesterday. I didn't know exactly where it was- while exploring the new road to the summit of Lenox mountain I stumbled upon the trail by accident. I ended up riding it downhill (nice on SS). I suppose you could climb it as well, although the bottom section is pretty steep. Nice to have that as another option on the regular loop from Olivia's down into Kennedy Park and back.
    Check out some of our local hills: CDRC (Capital District Road Climbs)