Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    May 2010

trail conditions....

Did 10 miles at earls today it's mostly clear but I can't stress enough use your best judgement on riding in mud. People are rutting a few trails

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RSPvideo View Post
    Anybody been to Hail Reservation or Naonet Woods? Heading down that way from VT for the weekend and would love to get out if its dry enough.
    It was surprisingly dry this weekend! Rode 10 miles, only had to walk 2 short sections. Trails were mostly dry with occasional snow patches. Strange that there was little to no mud around the melting snow. Great to be back on the bike!

trail conditions....-image.jpg

mtbr member

Re: trail conditions....

Trails are dry and loamy around Wareham where I ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Rumor has it Landlocked Forest in Burlington is dry and good - can anyone confirm that? Sunday is looking good!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'd say LLF is 90%. The usual areas that stay muddy until May are .....muddy. Avoid those sections and it's good to go.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Wells SP in Sturbridge is clear of snow. Can't comment on the wetness as the ground was frozen yesterday morning...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lowell-Dracut is dry and firm, and has been for the better part of a week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    I'd say LLF is 90%. The usual areas that stay muddy until May are .....muddy. Avoid those sections and it's good to go.
    Rode it today and the ST was dry as a bone. I only run into a few moist spots in the low lands.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Go Bruins!
    [QUOTE=lazarus2405;10295972]Lowell-Dracut is dry and firm, and has been for the better part of a week.[/QUOTE

Excellent! (Best Mr. Burns impression) With family down that way, it gives me a couple of good reasons to head south down 495. I rode locally in NH today and it was great. Skills have not yet completely diminished and the weather and trails were ideal. I love LDTF by the way…a great network.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    The biking trails at the Fells are in great condition. Trails are tacky and all the new sections have really settled in and compacted over the winter. Had a great ride there yesterday.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rutland SP still has a good bit of snow. Where there are pine trees there is snow. The rest of the trails are clear.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've ridden Callahan a few times and the Marlboro side is pretty dry, the Framingham side is 80% dry.

I rode thru Northborough/Westborough yesterday and the trails were decent.

Vietnam was pretty good too earlier in the week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Any projections for B-Street conditions Sunday afternoon? I'm thinking some sun and wind today and tomorrow morning should dry out most of last night's rain.

mtbr member
    May 2010

trail conditions....

Rode batchelor st today. Conditions are awesome!! Rode there last week as well. Did 10 miles. Roller coaster Jacobs ladder to trex reverse style though. Did it twice with some friends today

mtbr member
    Rode Rutland SP. All trails are, finally, snow free. Surprisingly dry, with no wet spots.

mtbr member
    What about today? Did the Cape get much rain? Is it dry anyway because it's the cape? Looking to get a ride in but don't want to hurt anything. Was planning for Willowdale since it's closer to me, but it gets pretty damp there.

mtbr member
    Dirt dan- its clearing up as I type this. I have a ride planned for this evening at Otis and so far I'm going to do it.

This weekend we had rain and I rode after a few hours of sun, granted this is a bit more wet weather.

It's mostly sand here so I wouldn't worry about rutting the trails up. A few spots are muddy, but we have to get dirty some how, right? In pines it can get a bit squishy and be a push.

Just a flesh wound
    I'll be hitting Wompatuck this evening. It has been in good shape. Wet in the usual Swampatuck places, but overall in good shape. A lot of the debris and downed trees have been cleared. Just a few spots as of Saturday afternoon with downed trees.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    Vietnam is PERFECT right now!

Class Clown

So I go to the Fells alot

Last Sunday there was a fire, apparently a brush fire from what I could gather online. I went the next day and it was kind of eerie. Well today I was there and brought my icamera-thingy and took a little video, because that's the whole point of human evolution, to record and watch videos. It's one of the narrow ones so looks better on a phone. Anyways here it is on Middle Road.

Fells Fire - YouTube

mtbr member

Re: trail conditions....

Been riding a few different places lately...
    1. Pine Hills Plymouth ~ Trails are clear of blow downs, but the rocks still seem to be growing everywhere, bring your monster truck... And be sure you're wearing your Frontline or Advantix ( ticks are horrible )
    2. The Bentley loop Myles Standish ~ Just two stops to get over fallen junk, ground still coated with pine needles in some places. A good workout for a short little run.
    3. Trail of tears West Barnstable ~ Fast, flowing, and freshly vacuumed... Ideal conditions for playing shuffleboard in between rides. Simply the best riding on Cape Cod.
    Ok back to you...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5