Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I spoke to a friend of mine who rode Wompy on Sunday. He said there is still some snow and trail debris but he managed an 8 mile ride. Not ideal trail conditions, but he made it sound like it was ridable.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5

mtbr member
    Thanks. Otis, or maybe TOT are looking like my two best choices still.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    did Duxbury on sunday, All major downed trees are off the trails, all that is left is small debris. Make sure you have an extra tube and pump. Other than that was a great ride.

Thank you to all those who helped clean up the trails.

mtbr member

Myles Standish trail conditions....

We rode some miles on the paved bike paths at Myles Standish state forest for spinning fun. There were lots of blow downs out there too with some sections of slushy wet snow.
    Still managed to click off 12.5 miles before we got called back for Sunday dinner. We parked at the long pond road entrance and rode in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Wompatuck is still pretty dicey, but rideable. I rode for a few miles. There is some slushy snow here and there you have to walk through and there are also a lot of downed trees and debris. I'd give it a couple more week of above freezing temps and it will be much better.
    2011 Yeti 303R DH

mtbr member
    Checkin out Wompy this weekend. Gonna see how far I can get.
    Too many toys, not enough time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    LLF was too soft to ride today. Some south facing sections were cleared of snow. I'd guess it would be almost entirely dirt within a week at this rate with the exception of north facing areas that had deep drifts. Of course that doesn't take into account the supposed 10" of snow coming this week. Arrrghhhhh!!!!!!! I got so spoiled last year.

mtbr member
    A friend of mine road Otis today and said it was bone dry as is Duxbury. I think Greater Boston has a week or two to go until the trails are going to be okay. Even if we don't get snow, the rain will keep things wet. I'm planning on hitting Otis today.

mtbr member
    I rode Otis. Definitely running well. Lots of pine needles and small pieces of debris everywhere tempting derailleur destruction, but all in all, it's rolling well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good riding at Wompatuck over the weekend. No snow, but lots of down trees and sticks. We managed two 7-8 mile rides/clean up on Saturday and Sunday. Too bad another snow storm is coming. Get out there today if ya can.
    2011 Yeti 303R DH

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Deleted due to comment below.
    Last edited by JohL; 03-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    You do know LW is closed to riding until April 15'th right????
    If you didn't know, please refrain from riding, the trails are soaked and riding now creates erosion and ruts. More importantly it also irritates the power that be, the Ranger... We as a riding community have a decent repore with Dan Small the Ranger, but blatantly posting riding like this is not good....
    The amount of water in the woods this year is substantial. Please let it leach out until properly dry, its common sense...
    Do yourself and rest of the riding community that ride in LW a favor and wait until 4/15/2013...
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member

Re: trail conditions....

Clicking off 13 miles of my local trails. ( minot forest, and the weld property ) Lots of dead fall, and pine needles galore. We raked and removed lots of the branches... Still a couple of trees down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Scarsandtears: Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue! (Which is not an excuse of course). I deleted my post to not give a bad example.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    JohL, much appreciated, by all who care and want to continue to ride in our beloved LW!!!

nicely done, see you on the trails soon.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Rode Trail of Tears today. Trails are in perfect condition.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Trails are shaping up nicely on Boston's south shore, stoked for a weekend of mild temps
    2011 Yeti 303R DH

guru meditation
    Anyone ride anything around the Blackstone Valley lately? I've seen some bike racks in the lots at Plummers and Goat Hill but I have not had a chance to hike it. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    You do know LW is closed to riding until April 15'th right????
    If you didn't know, please refrain from riding, the trails are soaked and riding now creates erosion and ruts. More importantly it also irritates the power that be, the Ranger... We as a riding community have a decent repore with Dan Small the Ranger, but blatantly posting riding like this is not good....
    The amount of water in the woods this year is substantial. Please let it leach out until properly dry, its common sense...
    Do yourself and rest of the riding community that ride in LW a favor and wait until 4/15/2013...
    I didn't see the deleted post. What riding location are you referring to as LW? Lincoln Woods, or some place else?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    LW, referring to Lynn Woods.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    May 2010

trail conditions....

I hear Robinson state park still is 20% snow. Earls trails to much snow to ride still. I'm assuming batchelor is the same.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    LW, referring to Lynn Woods.
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goingblankagain View Post
    Anyone ride anything around the Blackstone Valley lately? I've seen some bike racks in the lots at Plummers and Goat Hill but I have not had a chance to hike it. Thanks!
    I've heard it's in pretty good shape, almost completly snow free as of Wednesday night(3/27).

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anybody been to Hail Reservation or Naonet Woods? Heading down that way from VT for the weekend and would love to get out if its dry enough.

mtbr member
    May 2010

trail conditions....

Top of military road Hadley mass looked dry hiked it a little. Use caution and best judgement walk where it is super muddy. Some idiots have rutted the entrance. Thanks for ruining what you didn't help build. Lets not give them more of a reason to **** down trails!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast