Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    The Landlocked Forest in Burlington is running nice (without studs). I was there on Saturday, so I haven't checked it out after the little bit of snow we had Saturday night/Sunday, but it wasn't enough precipitation to leave ice behind.
    I'm going to ride Belmont/Rock Meadow/Western Greenway today (which nobody else rides, but I do because it's a short ride from my front door and I can't get 16-18 miles of trail riding in) and I'll report back. I'm sure it will be fine without studs though. The dirt is frozen and the trails should be running like pavement with extra knobs in the dirt for nice traction.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Any info on Russell Mill?

I'm looking to head there for an AM ride (before the snow). The temps look cold enough to keep things frozen in the AM.

mtbr member
    Western Greenway was good. Except for the tree that I clipped and resulted in a shoulder separation... Trail was nice and hard though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Errrr...not too good...just got in 30 mins ago from riding, it's 5:30pm Friday. Windy and snow accumulating quickly.
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    I went out to do some chainsawing in Duxbury today. Trains were so soft and slippery that I couldn't ride the Pugsley, so I left it in the truck and walked and cut, and walked and cut, and walked and cut...

It's an absolute mess out there, still needs more work. And we're supposed to get another 4 inches tonight. Maybe bring the snowshoes tomorrow.

Class Clown
    solution: hoverbikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Is duxbury completly unrideable? Im looking to go this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgreaney View Post
    Is duxbury completly unrideable? Im looking to go this weekend.
    Absolutely. Way too soft and deep in most places.

A better bet would be trying to ride the snowmobile tracks in Wompy.

mtbr member
    We rode 14 miles in Wompy last night. The singletrack is mostly breakable crust and near impossible to ride. The paved roads are covered in crunchy snow and ice where the snowmobiles have been. fast and slick and a lot of fun. Studs would be helpful in places, but we all survived without them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Rode (walked?) LLF today. I'd say 2/3rds to half of the trails have had snow shoe/foot traffic to the point of making a path. Of that, I'd say only half of it is packed enough to ride. Still better than sitting inside, but by the end I kind of wished I'd just done a road ride. I doubt the incoming storm will result in any improvement unless it is mostly rain.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone know how the Cape is looking? or Long Island? I'm from Western MA and in search of dirt for March 2, 3 ....hopefully don't have to drive to PA.
    Selma Ti.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Anybody know how Foxboro, 'Nam or Plummers Landing look after the latest storm? Are any of those locations close to rideable?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by solo-x View Post
    Anybody know how Foxboro, 'Nam or Plummers Landing look after the latest storm? Are any of those locations close to rideable?
    I hear the snow mobile tracks on the fire roads at Foxy are rideable if frozen. With temps in the 40s this week it would probably be pretty sloppy during the day. Not sure about Uxbridge or Nam.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by solo-x View Post
    There is some warm temps and rain coming this week. If temps agree, maybe some trails will be rideable by next week.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire 26er
    2005 Trek Bruiser urban single speed

mtbr santa cruz member
    Nov 2005
    Any trail reports for Otis or ToT?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKing Fast View Post
    Any trail reports for Otis or ToT?
    I'm also interested on locations in the Cape. Would love to try and get a ride in somewhere on Sunday if trail conditions permit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I walked 3mi w/chainsaw Saturday and "rode" 3mi at ToT Tuesday. It's a complete mess. Dozens of downed trees and and endless amount of debris in the trails. If you have a nice derailleur or wheelset I would say be prepared to purchase some new parts if you venture out this weekend...Much of the snow has melted leaving a soggy, littered area. I'm planning on doing more trail maintenance Saturday and possibly Sunday, focusing on the large tree/branch removal. The smaller stuff will take some time, and an effort from all using the trail system.

As far as Otis goes, it was in better overall condition and more rideable as of Tuesday night, with the exception of some of the valleys that are still covered with snow. Still a lot of debris...And will now also be pretty soft due to the rain.

-Gabe

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel J View Post
    As far as Otis goes, it was in better overall condition and more rideable as of Tuesday night, with the exception of some of the valleys that are still covered with snow. Still a lot of debris...And will now also be pretty soft due to the rain.

-Gabe
    Since Otis is so sandy do you think it will be decent to ride by Saturday?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak View Post
    Since Otis is so sandy do you think it will be decent to ride by Saturday?
    I think you should be good to go...Just watch out for kicked up debris in your wheels/drivetrain.

I spent another couple hours at ToT along with a half-dozen other locals and the amount of mess is staggering. Tomorrow is chainsaw day #2....Long ways to go.

-Gabe

mtbr member
    Thanks for the updates and all your help on the trails!

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel J View Post
    I think you should be good to go...Just watch out for kicked up debris in your wheels/drivetrain.

I spent another couple hours at ToT along with a half-dozen other locals and the amount of mess is staggering. Tomorrow is chainsaw day #2....Long ways to go.

-Gabe
    Thanks for the update. We had a great ride. The trails were bone dry. There was/is a lot of blow down. We moved what we could but someone will need to get in there with a chainsaw to really clear things out. It was great to be riding hero dirt when there is still tons of snow on our home trails.

mtbr member
    Has anyone ridden Wompatuck recently? Otis sounds good, but Wompy is closer to me and I know the trails better so wouldn't mind hitting that instead. I'm shooting for a Wednesday ride...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdan View Post
    Has anyone ridden Wompatuck recently? Otis sounds good, but Wompy is closer to me and I know the trails better so wouldn't mind hitting that instead. I'm shooting for a Wednesday ride...
    I heard the reservoir side is dryer than the south side. Still lots of blowdown.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm going to give Wompy a go tomorrow afternoon. My new 29er is looking at me wonder when it will get ridden.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire 26er
    2005 Trek Bruiser urban single speed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSession View Post
    I'm going to give Wompy a go tomorrow afternoon. My new 29er is looking at me wonder when it will get ridden.
    I'm in the same category with a new pretty bicycle. I think I'm going to hit Otis on Wednesday. If it was dry already this weekend, it will be great on Wednesday. I'd like to go somewhere I know will be rolling nicely.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast