Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

trail conditions

Anyone been out pedaling ? Branches, trees what needs some work? I know the Fells needs some tree removal.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Was going to ask the same thing. I know Lynn has a ton of branches and some limbs down after talking to some peeps, but they didn't venture too far... Any reports?
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    How's willowdale I'm going there Friday? We have been cleaning up Ft. Rock in Exeter still needs some work but rideable

mtbr member

Lynn was messy yesterday but not terrible

There were a few big trees down, looked like ranger Dan had already been on some of them with a chain saw. The wet twigs everywhere make for a new challenge and encourages less dependency on brakes...
    '11 Surly Necromancer
    '11 Pivot Mach 429
    '10 Intense Uzzi
    '07 Czar Stock
    '07 P3
    '05 Mrazek Hardtail

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm going to Wompatuck tomorrow. I'll give a update of how the trails are holding up.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

Class Clown
    kinda creepy, decent amount of trees down and i'm just waiting for one to fall on my head. otherwise not too bad

MC MasterShake
    HP has a ton of blow down and some smaller trees on the trail. I did some clearing and I saw a ranger out there doing the same. Definitely needs some work. Chainsaw would be nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Any updates on Russel Mills or LLF?

Regardless I'll be out at one of those spots in a few hours. Depending on conditions it may turn into more of a cleanup than an actual ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinF View Post
    Any updates on Russel Mills or LLF?

Regardless I'll be out at one of those spots in a few hours. Depending on conditions it may turn into more of a cleanup than an actual ride.
    Just rode LLF this morning. It's drier than I expected. Not that it was dry, but there weren't any soft/muddy spots. Heavy leaf cover and twigs/small branches everywhere. I moved all the medium sized deadfall that I could lift. Maybe 8-10 trees down that are going to require a chainsaw to clear.

I rode my SS this morning and I'd recommend doing the same. Either that or plan on doing a trail side SS conversion after munching your derailleur. I lost count of how many sticks I picked up in the wheels.

mtbr member
    On the Cape - I spent the last two lunch hours with my singlespeed and handsaw cleaning in Willow St and Greenough. In Willow, South 6, Burning Man and Art's Trail are all good to ride. Still need to check out The Wall, Back 9, and all of Bushwood from Mary Dunn to the split rock.
    I've cleared about half of Greenough, hoping to bang out the rest tomorrow or this weekend.

Anyone been out in TOT?
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Russel wasn't too bad today. Someone went through and chainsawed all the big stuff. There were a ton of leaves and sticks but it was completely manageable. My derailleur survived the whole ride with no issues so it couldn't have been that bad.

JBH
    mtbr member
    Anyone been out to Willowdale?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
    On the Cape - I spent the last two lunch hours with my singlespeed and handsaw cleaning in Willow St and Greenough. In Willow, South 6, Burning Man and Art's Trail are all good to ride. Still need to check out The Wall, Back 9, and all of Bushwood from Mary Dunn to the split rock.
    I've cleared about half of Greenough, hoping to bang out the rest tomorrow or this weekend.

Anyone been out in TOT?
    A couple of friends were in TOT and said it definitely needs a lot of work.
    We'll be going in on Sunday morning.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Wompatuck faired the storm pretty well. I did an hour loop and came across a few down trees; some big, some small. The leaves on the ground were thick, quite a few sticks on the trail and mud wasn't bad at all. Someone from DCR just needs to get back there with a chainsaw.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

Dissolved member
    As already said, Fells will need a lot of work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyone been to Milford and done any trails in Vietnam? I was looking to head there this weekend, but fully expect to have very wet and slippery conditions...

mtbr member
    Four of us worked on Callahan S.P. today and it took a beating. But we accomplished a lot. Just have to get out there with the saws and get to work.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

JBH
    mtbr member
    Willowdale is decent shape all things considered. Much of the trail has been cleared and raked although there are many trails that have not been touched. A few small blow downs and one big one that I saw.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Willowdale isn't bad, other than all of the runners. Apparently today is the Stonecat race, which is a 25 and 50 mile run. The course has been raked, and will be awesome tomorrow, but wasn't so fun today.

Clown
    Nov 2009
    greenwood is in good shape. i only rode mom's and red dot and the only blowdown i saw (it's actually i big widowmaker, not totally down yet) was just after the 3 foot launch/drop on mom's. i noticed a new berm and also someone spent some decent time building this rock bridge. not sure why as this section was totally rideable before, you just needed to pull up and blast through.

trail conditions-greenwood1.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Rode Lynn, great shape actually. Theres twigs and branches aplenty but most are out of the way.
    Saw three trees down, which were out of the way and the ranger or an ambitious rider already chain sawed what would have been.
    Biggest problem was actually leaves in some spots they were super deep.
    Get out and ride.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Rode Belmont and the Western Greenway today. Some big blowdowns in Belmont- a cluster on the high berm that will require a chainsaw, as well as one on McLean's Demise at the very bottom that will also need some work. The trail gnome has been out on the Greenway. Only one big blowdown between Metro and Trapelo, but it's an easy step-over.

Lots of little derailleur assassins hiding in the leaves.

mtbr member
    Rode TOT today for three hours and there was nothing but leaves on the trails.
    Great conditions
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Lots of trails closed today at Great Brook Farm. Lots of leaves, trees down all over. Some have been cleared but still more work needed.

mtbr member
    Rode Foxboro for 3 hours yesterday. Other than a couple blow downs, it's in great shape. The biggest challenge was due to the amount of leaves down, it was tough to follow some trails on the lesser used ones.

The main trails were fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast