Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Massasoit is half cleared. Looked like a Ton of down trees, would have moved some of them but they are all much to big for my tiny muscles to be able to move. Thanks to whomever went to town with the chainsaw out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post
    Four of us worked on Callahan S.P. today and it took a beating. But we accomplished a lot. Just have to get out there with the saws and get to work.
    Thank you! I'll be headed there Wednesday, it seems.

Russell Mill was in great shape, and a huge thanks to whoever was out there with the leafblower! Lots of little deraileur eaters hiding towards the entrance of the park along the pine tree trails, but Upper and Lower White Owl, along with Purple and Orange trails, were in great shape.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRWhelan View Post
    Anyone been to Milford and done any trails in Vietnam? I was looking to head there this weekend, but fully expect to have very wet and slippery conditions...
    I rode Nam on Sunday. There was a crew out there leaf blowing (thanks) for the better part of the morning. Most of the NEMBA stuff was clear. Even the trails that weren't blown were not bad. Overall, it was pretty dry too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit2005 View Post
    I rode Nam on Sunday. There was a crew out there leaf blowing (thanks) for the better part of the morning. Most of the NEMBA stuff was clear. Even the trails that weren't blown were not bad. Overall, it was pretty dry too.
    Thanks Bighit2005. I unfortunately didn't get out there this weekend, but will definitely be there next weekend. I just got the bike back from the LBS for a tune-up and a broken axle, so now it's killing me to get out there.

Two weeks ago the leaf coverage was a killer in some areas, I'm interested to see how it is now.
    Last edited by BRWhelan; 11-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Lynn Woods ate my derailleur yesterday...random branch on the Boulder Trail. I tried cleaning up some big branches on the south side of the park (whatever I could do with my hand-saw), but it seems that karma did not favor me.

JBH
    mtbr member
    Out at Willowdale this morning. All the blow downs I saw last week have been cleared. Trails in great shape!

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I've ridden Lynn 2 times since the storm, between our group and others we've moved all of the big stuff out of the way now, there's still a lot of little crap to get stuck in your chain, but all in all it's almost back to normal. It'd be nice to build some new features with some of the gifted, natural, feature building materials.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JBH View Post
    Out at Willowdale this morning. All the blow downs I saw last week have been cleared. Trails in great shape!
    The leaf blowers been out?

JBH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum View Post
    The leaf blowers been out?
    Looks like about half the trails have been. I think most of it was done by the runners group that raced there last weekend.

Team
    Wompatuck today was O.K. The West side was really bad. East of the main road was a bit better. Low spots were very wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trail conditions-photo-13-.jpg  

fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker View Post
    Wompatuck today was O.K. The West side was really bad. East of the main road was a bit better. Low spots were very wet.
    Wtf? Did Wompatuck get flipped upside down in the storm!?!?

Team
    LOL yep the Northeaster was responsible for that one!

Yay for upside down iphone pics.
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

mtbr member

Lowell Dracut 11/10/12

Here's to you, leaf blower man!

I was railing those turns so hard.

Excellent loamy shredding.

Tire pressure (18 front / 28 rear - running 2.35" tubeless Hans Dampf)

perfect.
    Last edited by client_9; 11-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Go Bruins!
    Quote Originally Posted by client_9 View Post
    Here's to you, leaf blower man!

I was railing those turns so hard.

Just excellent loamy shredding.

Tire pressure (18 front / 28 rear - running 2.35" tubeless Hans Dampf)

perfect.
    Great timing for me I guess, as I am planning to hit LDTF tomorrow morning from the NH seacoast area. I was coming unaware of storm damage or any conditions really since my last ride there was three weeks back before sandy. I really enjoy the mix of flow and technical challenges of that place.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker View Post
    We had to form a "bike brigade" to pass all our bikes through that one last Thursday night. I posted a map with all the blowdowns from our ride on the SEMass NEMBA FB page. I've been working with others in Duxbury and by myself at Carolina Hill. Both areas are clear.

Here's what I found in Wompy Thursday:

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Anyone been out further west? Rayburn or Hodges Village? I'm looking to get in some miles on Saturday out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2