When in doubt pull out!!!
    May 2006

Idea! Trail Building Help

Hey everyone, since this has been an incredibly warm winter, my friends and I have decided to build some cat walks, teeter-totters, and jumps at our local trail. But the problem is, there are many areas and 4 of us. So we are looking for people in Massachusetts, around the greater New Bedford area, to help us out, you can spend an hour, or all the days we are there. I am on this forum everyday, so please respond. Also would it help to go to bike shops, and hardware stores to ask for donations? Thank you for your time in reading this thread. Keep riding.
    Sincerely,
    Todd Isaksen, and Cam Sweet

mtbr member
    ok, I"ll be the one to ask .....Is the land owner ok with your "trail work"? Do you have permission to build?......dear Lord I hope so.

bicycle addict
    Nov 2006

me too

I have a little project myself in the Greater Lawrence area... since I have time on my hands... Nothing I do could be worse than the ATV tracks that are ripping up these particular woods.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tjfox87
    Hey everyone, since this has been an incredibly warm winter, my friends and I have decided to build some cat walks, teeter-totters, and jumps at our local trail. But the problem is, there are many areas and 4 of us. So we are looking for people in Massachusetts, around the greater New Bedford area, to help us out, you can spend an hour, or all the days we are there. I am on this forum everyday, so please respond. Also would it help to go to bike shops, and hardware stores to ask for donations? Thank you for your time in reading this thread. Keep riding.
    Sincerely,
    Todd Isaksen, and Cam Sweet

As someone said before--This needs to get the ok for whomever-Public or Private owns/ manages the land in question---especially if you're putting in man-made structures and stunts.

As a plug-NEMBA is very active in SE Massachsetts (and Vietnam isn't that far away either) have you tried to get thme on board-in addition to considerable resources (in man-power, money, tools and know-how) your local NEMBA chapter also has a good record of getting permission from land managers and getting big projects the greenlight-

A few of your local bikeshops (and a large number of your ;local riders-are already kicking in money and volunteerism to NEMBA as well!). If you think NEMBA doesn't understand you're desire for jumps and structures-hit Vietnam in milford for a gander.

I would at least drop them a line and tell them what you're thinking

semass@nemba.org