mtbr member
    May 2009

TOT anyone else see snakes?

Rode TOT for the 2nd time last week. Wow, do I love that place!! some of my favorite trails for sure.

In one section of fast singletrack I had to hop over the tail end of a LARGE black snake! I assume a black racer. I am absolutely petrified of snakes! ...youve never seen ANYONE move so fast through the next couple hundred yards of trail haha.

Anyone else who rides pretty regularly there see many of these things?

Thanks!
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

guru meditation
    Man I hate snakes as well, but at least you don't have Ninjas down there (yet):
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/hi...e-park-robbery

mtbr member
    May 2009
    WOW!! ya i guess im glad we dont have ninjas yet. Although I hear they are usually more scared of you than you are of them lol
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

the test dummy
    lots of snakes around ma.... just don't get bitten and you wont have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

rack admirer

curvy sticks

As a slow rider, I probably see more than most. After I encounter a real moving one, every curvy stick has me wondering..........
    wait until you meet a rattler in BH. Its like a visit from satan
    MCM # 57

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by goingblankagain
    Man I hate snakes as well, but at least you don't have Ninjas down there (yet):
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/hi...e-park-robbery
    holly crap one of them is my best freind from 7th grades older brother. i know both of the people from Hopkinton sadly enough and its not surprising they are from Hopkinton, because every one from hopkinton falls in to one of these groups..... a pot head a drunk a redneck a adrenaline junkie or a totally dumb ass.
    Last edited by insanitylevel9; 05-07-2010 at 06:28 AM.
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    May 2009
    BH??

I spent a year of college at Utah State. I was petrified every time I was on a trail lol. We did a night hike once (no idea why....stupid idea) and about 5 people in the group stepped RIGHT over a baby rattler moving across the trail. WAY too close for comfort.

Its funny that im not concerned with being bit so much, just the site of one haunts my dreams lol
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

the test dummy
    i never knew ma was full of Indiana Johnes's
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    no snakes but I continuously have to hop over horse $hit on all my rides in there.

If people have to pick up after there dogs why not there f'n horses......rant off.

Panda Pro Am
    Apr 2010
    I live right here in Barnstable and see snakes out there from time to time. I have found huge black racers in our yard. Black racers are very common here as well as garter snakes. There are about 8-10 types of snakes on the Cape but none are dangerous. The deer ticks out there are a thousand times more dangerous than the snakes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I pulled off atleast 10 ticks from me last night. Its bad out there. The cape does have water mocassons but you shouldn't and hope not to see them on the trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Doro
    I pulled off atleast 10 ticks from me last night. Its bad out there. The cape does have water mocassons but you shouldn't and hope not to see them on the trails.
    The Cape has water snakes..but they are non-venomous. Dog ticks are bad enough, but the Deer ticks really creep me out. And the giant piles of horse crap on the trails are totally unecessary

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I got one tick off my cloths last time out. Sounds like I made it out easy. ......jumped over 2 piles of crap on the trails
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

Class Clown

Panda Pro Am
    Apr 2010
    The ticks get on you if you get off the trail a little, hit hanging branches, or stay still. They position themselves on brush so that they can sort of fall onto their hosts, usually deer. I went through like ten feet of brush on a walk yesterday and had two adult deer ticks on me and one on my wife. Literally 2 seconds in the brush.